Co-Founder & Director at Talent Trackers HR
Views:2457 Applications:842 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Head - Supply Chain - Logistic Firm (6-15 yrs)
- Develops appropriate supply chain strategy to maximize customer satisfaction at the lowest possible cost.
- Leads the supply chain team in executing best practices and measuring performance through agreed upon Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Directs and coordinates global supply chain functions through strategy, resource optimization, profitability maximization, and KPIs resulting in the maximization of customer satisfaction.
- Plans, manages and coordinates all activities related to the sourcing and procurement of necessary materials and supplies needed to meet the changing levels of product demand.
- Works with plant, warehouse, and logistics departments to determine and set up inter-company transfers.
- Works directly with sales department to determine most cost-effective distribution solution for finished goods transportation to customers.
- Monitors and corrects inventory levels at outside warehouses (3PL) and internally to ensure rotation and maximize working capital.
- Works with freight forwards and transportation companies to set best route and rate (reviews and approves all freight terms and agreements).
- Collaborates with the procurement department to determine best practice for freight in and freight consolidation.
- Supports proper utilization of ERP system (Planning Edge, Accellos).
- Member of the operations staff, responsible to routinely report on department KPIs along with appropriate analysis and countermeasures where necessary.
- [Work Hours & Benefits] Right here is where you want to discuss your company's working hours and benefits. Advise potential manager applicants of seasonal work requirements as well as possibilities for overtime pay. You can also talk about any office perks or benefits that set your business apart, like paid vacation time or tuition, commuter, and childcare reimbursements.
Supply Chain Manager Qualifications / Skills:
- Quick learner with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, maintain focus, and adapt to a variety of challenges
- Ability to conduct detailed procedures in a time-constrained environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of time organization and urgency
- Able to work independently and within a team
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelors/Master's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain/Logistics, or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of supply chain, logistics, or warehouse management experience