Principal Consultant at Unnati
Views:3511 Applications:517 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:41
Head - Supply Chain - Global Manufacturing - IIM/MDI/ISB/FMS (10-20 yrs)
If you are an inspirational leader with terrific managment skills, then this role is for you.
Our client is a manufacturing company that provides every single fitting accessory for a home to look and be complete.
As the Head Supply Chain, your primary responsibilities will be Demand Planning, Warehousing and Inventory, Transport and Logistics, and International procurement of finished goods.
What you will do :
- Preparing of Purchase Function strategy for next 3 5 years in line with the exponential and sustained growth of the organization.
- Studying the existing process of placing orders including ERP interfaces and find innovative and smarter automated processes integrating with the ERP System
- Finding optimum stock maintenance using effective tools and processes to ensure optimum working capital usage analyse the working capital blockade in various products and sharpen the procurement process in close coordination with Product Management and Sales.
- Developing a second line in Purchase Team with back-up resource for each activity in Purchase and develop a comprehensive SOP/ Manualcovering all activities and develop a repository of Issues & Solution Data Bank to eliminate dependency on single resource etc.
- Having effective market knowledge of the competitive pricing through different external sources and compliment the Product Management Team to arrive at market benchmark pricing of various products
- Providing leadership in guiding and developing the smart and knowledgeable subordinates to take independent and responsive roles in Purchase function.
- Having knowledge of innovations, developments and process advancement in Supply Chain domain and implement required changes to benchmark with the best in the industry and always strive for improvements in customer delight.
- Building and sustaining respectable relationship and communication channels with the main suppliers and resolve issues
- Contributing towards Periodical Supplier Assessments based on required parameters especially for new suppliers.
- Developing the back- up plan in case of sudden and foreseeable future stock outs and smart decision making process to address the same backed by necessary commercial analysis.
- Having SAP based supply chain background to handle smooth SAP transition and optimize the SAP features and application in entire supply chain process EWM, MM, PP Modules and interfaces with SD, FICO and BI tools.
- Developing the checklist and control mechanism to ensure initiation, tracking, escalation and timely closure of various sub-processes in Purchase function.
- Monitoring and correcting process lapses, misses by team members, errors develop stronger internal checks and balances in Purchase Function in line with the substantial increase volume and value.
- Complete understanding of the Products and functionalities BOMs, child articles, new product introductions etc. to channelize the knowledge towards efficient purchase function.
- Analysing and Optimizing the turnaround time and freight costs of the inbound materials from different geographies.
- Thorough understanding of Free Trade Warehouse Zones (FTWZ) activities, EPCG transactions, High Sea sales and similar kind of specialized transactions.
- Bringing process solution and innovation through digitization, artificial intelligence and automation for both inbound and outbound processes
- Maintaining cordial and partnering relationship with other cross functional teams like Product Management, Sales, OPD, Accounts Payables etc. proactive, understanding, solution oriented approach.
- Fostering highly positive and motivational/ cooperative culture both among internal team members (in Purchase & Other functions) and external stakeholders
- Developing the Product and Process knowledge to participate in the SAP Purchase Module Implementation in Orion Countries and becoming a valuable functional resource in the SAP Worldwide Knowledge Group (like IT).
- In depth logistics understanding of the inbound materials from different geographies and critical look at the turnaround time and freight costs in getting inbound materials and bring in competitive improvements in these areas.
Candidate Profile :
What you need to have :
- At least 10 to 20 years of experience in similar level or industry
- Tier 1 MBA preferred
- Open for Days working: 5 days week + some saturdays (Last saturday working for everyone)
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Someone who has also handled Vendor Management, Purchase negotiation etc of imported goods from international suppliers.
- In addition Demand planning, Warehousing and logistics are also key knowledge areas
- Typically people with an exposure beyond manufacturing set up may understand the type of complexity.