AGM - BD & Operations at Silverpeople
Views:2158 Applications:651 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:29
Head - Supply Chain - FMCG/Retail (15-20 yrs)
- Subject Matter Expert in areas of Planning, Warehouse & Distribution
- Lead and direct the team of Planning, Warehouse and Distribution - Includes Imports, Exports,
- International Purchase, Domestic Planning, Warehouse, Distribution and Special Projects. 150-200
Crores of Purchase every year.
- Develop, Direct and Co-ordinates of Planning and warehouse operations through strategy, resource optimisation and Maximisation of Customer Satisfaction
- Lead the Supply chain team in executing best practice.
- Plan, manage, and coordinate all activity related to Procurement of necessary materials and supplies needed to meet the changing level of Product Demand.
- Work with Labs, Warehouse, Sales, Customer service and Marketing on Material availability, Demand forecast and new products Planning.
- Lead and Direct Inventory Optimization, reduction of freight costs and distribution.
- Support Proper utilization of Oracle ERP and implement new projects.
- Responsible for the following business / functional activities of India business unit:
- Lead the planning team to be responsible for purchase of Approx 150-200 Crores every year Inventory Optimization. Planning support to be extended to Srilanka, Bangladesh and Nepal
- Monitor and responsible of Import clearance. Approx 8-10 Crores are spent as Duties and 4-5 Crores as Import freight cost; also cater exports to Bangladesh, Nepal and Srilanka.
- Special Planning Projects - DRP (Distribution Resource planning) - New Planning methodology
- Special Planning Projects - IT Simplifications for Planning areas
- New Product Planning and Distribution.
- Lead the CWH Team includes Material Receipt (inward), FSV Stores, SF Stores, Consumables Stores, Re- packaging team, Customer service team (internal for all company Branches ) , Billing team, Picking team ,
- Packing and Dispatch (Outward) team. Also includes accounting of Customer returns and issue of Credit notes for good lens.
- Guide Annual Stock count to the teams all India.
- Guide Proper Scrapping of Non-Moving inventory.
- Liquidation of Phased out material.
- Freight cost Reduction - CWH contributes 60% of freight spent. Optimization of Freight by using Surface modes and less of Air mode
- Special Project - Smart warehouse (Bar code picking)
- Last mile delivery management (both Delivery boys and Couriers)
- Monthly, Biweekly and Annual Stock count for all locations
- Lead New product launch.
- Bridge between - Marketing, Sales, Finance, Legal & IT
- 100% agreements for all freight contracts
- Initiate annual Inventory clean up
- Monitor Temp control for all Warehouse (less than 27 Dg C, 70 % RH)
- Lead Biweekly Demand Planning meet.
- Support regional supply chain for Logistics & Delivery boys management.
Knowledge / Experience :
Divisional or BU Experience :
- Operated as Supply Chain Specialist of one or more of the following BUs - Eg - Planning/Imports/Exports /Warehouse and Distribution
Experience / Track Record : 15 years and above working experience and 10 years in heading supply chain department in area of Planning, Warehouse and Distribution. Industries Experience One or more of the following:
- Medical device
Geographical Experience :
- Must have India market experience.
- Management Experience
- Stakeholder Management, Cross Functional Teams, Vendor Management,
- People Management Qualifications/Education /Qualification /Certification
- Bachelor's Degree and a PG in Material Management or International business from Reputed university will be added advantage
- Language Proficiency in English and local language. Multilingual will be an advantage.
Psychometrics/ Behavioural Traits :
- Demonstrates high energy.
- Strong ability to influence, drive change amongst ambiguity.
- Goal driven and result oriented
- Clear and fact-based decision making
- Diverse and able to work well in teams and across functions.
- Quick learner with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, maintain focus, and adapt to a variety of challenges.
- Ability to conduct detailed procedures in a time constrained environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of time organization and urgency
- Able to work independently and within a team.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.