Senior Consultant (Leadership Hiring) at Randstad India Pvt. Ltd.
Views:1675 Applications:316 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Head - Supply Chain - FMCG (8-15 yrs)
Supply Chain Head
- To set the direction for the supply chain functions to ensure congruency with the business unit and departmental goals.
- To develop, direct, implement, execute, and monitor a comprehensive set of overall supply chain strategies (long/short term), policies, SOPs, standards, budgets & performance scorecards across procurement, inventory supply planning & scheduling, warehousing, and distribution/transportation operations to optimize logistics (domestic & International), increase profitability & achieve customer service excellence while meeting regulatory and customer compliances.
- Drives possible supply chain initiatives from concept, through definition, analysis, scoping and leadership approval to increase revenue, efficiency and ensure continuity of supply. Plays a key role responsible for increasing connectivity within the supply chain and extend to the broader organization.
- Responsible to create product strategies, supply, distribution, operating, and capital plans that maximize value and establish volume growth.
- Provides leadership and acts as a bridge between cross functional departments.
- Adapts quickly and efficiently maneuvers the supply chain function in proper direction through a continuously changing business climate.
Key Responsibilities (not limited to) :
1. Ensures SAFETY First - To ensure adherence to all safety and compliance policies/procedures/systems of the company - (C.A.R.E - Commit, Access, Recognize, Encourage) program.
2. To meet safety, health, environmental, GMP, HACCP, FSSAI, etc. requirements noted in on site policies, notices and permits.
3. Ensure all members in the team wear Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) as per SOP.
4. Ensuring all injuries, hazards, near misses and equipment damage, which are associated with or observed, are promptly reported.
5. To commit, comply, support the Company's Sustainability Strategy and work towards achieving the sustainability targets of the company.
Core Activities :
6. To establish and maintain strategic relationship across the supply chain network i.e., with domestic and international partners, key vendors/suppliers, and internal/external stakeholders.
7. To develop, implement and manage the procurement and logistics strategies in line with business targets and to achieve high level of customer satisfaction.
8. To define the strategies for sourcing, buying, expediting, planning, warehousing, and distribution. To implement collaborative forecasting and planning initiatives.
9. To propose and embed refined procurement timelines based on analysis of macroeconomic and industry trends, business strategy and demand patterns, to optimize free cash flow and return on capital expenditure.
10. To work on Distribution network design and continued balancing to ensure optimal delivery of product within the network and to the customers, balancing cost, and service expectations.
11. Responsible to identify and evaluate market growth and industry position and develop capacity plans to achieve long-term growth objectives.
12. Develop strategies to minimize long term freight and costs while ensuring transportation capacities are sufficient to execute annual operation plans.
13. Develop operating plans that effectively balance sales, production, and logistic capabilities in a manner that enables achievement of business goals.
14. Directs and proactively participates for Warehouse/Transportation (3PL) vendor identification, contracts (renewals/terminations) and strategic relationships, determination of policies, recommendations on warehousing/distribution strategies to support service requirements and achieve company's strategic objectives. Keen focus and timely identification and resolution of non-conforming situations/concerns.
15. Oversees and manages load tendering process for all modes of transportation.
16. To facilitate the negotiation, finalization, and approval of the annual rates to support procurement, warehousing, and distribution (domestic & international providers) forecast and budgeting process.
17. Primarily responsible for formulating the department's financial forecast and annual budget plan including budget control & expense review for procurement of raw materials/capital goods & services, 3PL, transportation carriers, operational logistics operations and warehousing. Authorizes for the adjustments and modifications during budget execution.
18. To lead the sales & operations (S&OP) process working closely & cross functionally with the supply and demand sides to include an updated forecast that leads to a sales plan, supply & production plan, inventory plan, customer lead time (backlog) plan, new product development plan, strategic initiative plan and resulting financial plan.
19. To work cross functionally with production, quality, planning, purchasing, sales/marketing as needed to create product supply plans to meet service and financial objectives while operating within seen/unforeseen constraints.
20. To deliver increased profitability through operational excellence in support of the company's product leadership and cost competitiveness strategies.
21. To facilitate continuous improvement in supply chain agility by identifying areas for improvement and influencing their successful implementation. To coordinate the full S&OP supply planning process to allow company resources to be effectively deployed in support of the S&OP business plan.
22. Ensures to facilitate effective resolutions for and communicates integrated reconciliation issues throughout the pre-S&OP & during the S&OP process.
23. To promote the use of Lean and Six Sigma practices to ensure supply chain goals are met and best practices processes, and procedures are being followed to minimize disruptions to the supply chain.
24. To ensure supply chain operations follow all the food safety & quality standards, processes and practices wherever required.
25. Ensures that overall operations comply to various statutory and regulatory compliance in all operations especially on international logistics operations as well as external vendors/suppliers and third-party service providers.
26. Ensures the stock/product traceability/withdrawals/recalls from marketplace in coordination with the Quality Team and disposition (as per SOP) ensuring statutory & regulatory compliances/customer requirements.
27. Design, develop and Implement processes to identify and measure all activity related to supply side non-conforming inventory including ageing, hold products, damaged inventory that is no manufacturing or quality related, etc. to minimize stock losses.
28. Directs and manages potential risks/issues/delivery risks, develops strategies, and mitigate these risks through contingency planning.
29. Manage the sanctioning process for all key operations & activities.
30. Ensure supply chain systems support is effectively delivered to the supply chain team, and system enhancements are adequately resourced, managed, and operationalized.
31. Ensures to address/resolve/review and action on reports for any operational/transactional issues/concerns/observations or areas highlighted during internal/external/ Global audits/inspections to improve overall efficiency and customer satisfaction.
32. To manage and monitor the effectiveness of overall supply chain plan, implement KPI's/cross functional KPI's across all operations as well as for supplier's performance development related to demand driven replenishment, network & flow path optimization, inventory/transportation/warehouse planning & optimization as well as its management and measure overall performance improvements in all operations.
33. Analyses the collated data through various business intelligence platforms to identify and prioritize opportunities for the improvement.
34. To serve as a principal auditee during the audits by the company, government authorities & third parties.
35. Responsible for any other additional accountabilities as may be required by the management to be handled in a manner necessary to meet strategic & operational supply chain goals.
36. Manage the supply chain resources, ensuring the correct provision of developing, training, coaching, mentoring and leadership.
37. Ensure & evaluate the performance & performance appraisals as per policy. Ensure the team achieves the targets against their set Goals.
38. Sets example and always communicates openly with team about performance out-put, recognizing achievements/ appreciations, resolve workplace issues and motivates the team.
39. Uphold respectful workplace policies and enforce workplace rules.
40. To educate & aware the team about the competitiveness of the industry, pinpointing those points of differentiation in our products and service mixes, customer service levels and tailored distribution programs, and soliciting their ideas for enhancing company's competitiveness through higher efficiency and service level.
41. Participate in interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; disciplining employees; and resolving problems.
Additional Knowledge & Skills :
1. Extensive experience in supply chain operations in FMCG industry.
2. Experience & understanding of transportation/distribution economics and pricing.
3. Experience and in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the transportation industry & related to 3PL management. Experience in product refrigeration & its transportation protocols.
4. Broad knowledge of production operations, sales, purchasing, marketing, accounting, etc. is preferred.
5. Knowledge of procurement, inventory planning & management, warehouse, distribution & transportation management, and overall logistics operations.
6. Experience in risk and crisis management.
7. Experience in leading and working with cross-functional teams.
8. Sound experience of supplier performance management.
9. Experience in analytical reporting, business intelligence reports & financial processes.
10. Knowledge of food safety, quality, safety, and compliance regulations.
11. Understanding of supply chain cost structures.
12. Knowledge of ERP system preferably SAP shall be preferable.
13. Must be proficient in use of computer & in various applications like MS office, etc.
1. Integrity - maintains high level of confidentiality and transparent and transparent reporting.
2. Leadership, Collaborative, Customer Focused, Agile, Accountable and Excellent Communication skills.
3. To communicate and sell new ideas and concepts in an environment where change may be resisted.
4. Proactive, Flexible, tactful and have excellent stress & crisis management skills.
5. Excellent Interpersonal Skills Team Player & can handle conflict. Must be able cross functionally work well with internal & external stakeholders.
6. Excellent analytical, critical, logical-thinking, and problem-solving skills.
7. Excellent strategic & operational planner, coordinator and take quick decisions.
8. Good time management skills, can work under pressure and must be capable of setting priorities and multitask.
9. Must be able to analyze the situation & accordingly take prompt decision - in case of critical situation & emergencies.
Key Relationships - Internal/External :
Significant collaborative internal relationships are required for success in this position, this includes the following key functions (not limited to):
1. Sales & Marketing Team
2. Quality Team
3. Finance Team
4. Legal Team
Effective communication and information sharing with external suppliers is a key aspect of this role, this includes :
1. 3PL service providers
2. Warehouse/Storage vendors