Business Operations at Stalwart People Co.
Views:6804 Applications:370 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Head - Supply Chain - Fabric (12-25 yrs)
Company Profile: It is with one of the Largest Textile conglomerates in India.
Location: JST, Rishra (Kolkata)
To develop strategic and operating plans to ensure that the company has the appropriate resources to support current forecasted business and projected growth and to communicate resource plans to gain consensus from Sales, and Manufacturing that responds to current and expanding markets. Offer a novel product from the market to expand market share.
To develop Manufacturing/Distribution models to determine and validate business strategies.
Job Context & Major Challenges :
- In the growing face of competition, it becomes more imperative to innovate and come up with End-to End-Supply Chain Optimization strategy & implement them, which provides as a competitive advantage.
- Global commodity chain sustainability analysis and optimization of existing infrastructure & technologies available would help to forecast & keep abreast with the impending changes in the market
- Textile production imbalance is potentially damaging for the environment. This stresses the necessity to anticipate what could be the environmental consequences of the increase of world textile's expected production for decades to come.
- Make pre-assessments on the trade-off between potential lower environmental pressure and higher social costs associated with the growth of textile imports and likely diminishing comparative advantage owing to the rising labor cost and the internalization of environmental cost.
- Fluctuation in the raw material import prices and availability.
Major Challenges :
- Re-Aligning the business with the new Needs and direction, which will change and modify the role and responsibilities of many functional heads in the business.
- All functions of supply chain need to be under one vertical.
- Start from Fabric Production planning & control, Decision of Fabric Purchase / capacity outsourcing / Job weaving / job processing / printing / embroidery / job spinning ( worsted yarn), Cottonised blended linen yarn, Complete Logistic & warehousing (RM,FG and Yarn WIP of Fabric) centralized under SCM head including distribution out bound logistic .
- Work towards the product group which is higher in the value chain. Which should add more NSV and EBIDTA in the JST system
- For the entire JST Businesses viz. Linen and wool- Sourcing function can be common to synergies the efficiency of scale.
Key Result Areas / Accountabilities Supporting Actions :
- Fabric Production Planning & Control Yarn Planning for Fabric
- Long term visibility of capacity planning & scheduling
- Ensure optimum utilization of capacities
- Ensure OTIF with given constraints of changeover/ MOQ.
- Inventory management RM, WIP ( Yarn & Fabric ) & FG
- Coordination with sales for dispatch planning
- Follow-up critical orders fulfillment
- Ensuring availability of NOOS items.
- Production Planning - Plan The production, right from getting RM to final packing to meet OTIF
- Preparing monthly delivery plan in line with sales budget.
- Analyze the orders and plan the operations thereby optimizing resource - man power, machine and materials allocation.
- To ensure timely availability of RM, monitor the progress of production and modify (if necessary) in line with the actual progress and coordinate between FHs to take necessary actions.
- Check and minimize recurring value loss incurred to during the process by taking appropriate decision for the next stage.
- Co-ordinate with SCM where capacity and capability challenges are there, for timely execution of the orders through outsourcing.
- Inventory Management - Anticipate the coming orders, trends, planning the RM and resources to ensure constant supply of RM and cost optimization.
- To manage inventory of raw material and process stocks.
- System Development& Implementation - Developing new systems to improve process performance
- Implement WCM, ISO Standards in PPC function by preparing Kaizen reports etc
- People Development - Motivate and mentor team members to improve their skills and knowledge by working with HR team to identify training needs, ensuring job rotations.
- Train and Guide team members as and when needed
- Strategic Sourcing of Fabric & Job weaving.
- Develop a vendor base for outsourcing (weaving) of required material at a competitive rate.
- Develop sources across the globe to constantly source new fabric and also track new developments which can be done in consultation with marketing teams.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as procurement, engineering, and quality assurance, to identify or qualify new suppliers.
- FSP Business. To enter into a long term arrangement with Vendors (garmenting) for a long term committed capacities both in India and abroad.
- Effective warehousing and Logistic
- Ensure the management of finished goods.
- Stocking and arrangement of dispatches from the warehouse
- Reorganize the RM storage / WH / issue in a far effective manner.
- Develop Leaders and Building Teams
- Develop leaders who can lead their teams independently.
- Develop cohesive work groups which can deliver results as desired by the business.
- Product and Process Innovations - To build competitive advantage thru business excellence which is required for sustainable growth at a reduced cost.
Reporting to: Vice President/Functional Head (Supply Chain).
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.