Vice President/Partner at Perfect Placer Management Consulting
Views:1098 Applications:269 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:12
Head - Supply Chain - Agro Chemicals (20-25 yrs)
Supply Chain Head (Agrochemicals):
- Drive the implementation of optimal sourcing strategies that align to the organizational objectives and deliver value to the business across all segments by ensuring timely availability of materials and services as per applicable cost and quality standard.
- Responsible for procurement of Agrochemical active ingredients, Raw Material, Intermediate, Chemicals, Technical Active Ingredients and Packaging material Domestically & also from other countries.
- Shall be responsible for supplier identification, develop sourcing strategy, supplier development and selection, negotiate competitive terms and conditions & also responsible to implement supplier relationship management, nurturing suppliers into strategic partners, seeking continuous saving opportunities.
- Identification and realization of cost-saving and cost-reduction opportunities.
- Monitor all sourcing strategies and policies and ensure achievement of business objectives and lead appropriate negotiations with all suppliers.
- Responsible for creating an alternate vendor base effective vendor management.
- Collaborate with other functions like engineering, plant, R&D and quality assurance to identify qualify new suppliers.
- Build and nurture a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs. Update procurement strategies based on changing market conditions trends.
- Managing the skills and competency development of procurement staff, including training development and knowledge management capabilities.
- Keep up-to-date information regarding the price movements, technological factors, delivery schedule, reliability of supplies and the various terms at which goods can be supplied.
- Support the collection of market intelligence data on Indian/overseas suppliers' landscape.
- Adhere to the procurement strategy including material classification, sourcing strategy, vendor selection, limits for lead-times, vendor management policy, etc. for various procurement categories including raw materials for Agro Solutions.
- Preparation of cost comparison & awarding of POs.
- Establish procurement policies related to mastering production schedule and inventory in accordance with the best practices in the industry and internal company policies.
- Identify risks that can impact supplier delivery and guide the department to develop mitigation plans based on risk and vulnerability analyses on spend areas.
- Conduct plant visits, undertake reference checks and other background study to evaluate potential vendor capabilities.
- Perform techno-commercial audits at the Supplier / Vendor facilities in coordination with the Quality department and other user departments.
- Ensure complete documentation of all purchase agreements with vendors and ensure adherence to performance & quality standards as agreed upon by the approved vendors.
- Identify alternate channels of procurement, develop local vendors, and explore other innovative techniques to ensure cost effectiveness of operations.
- Constantly monitor market trends, information, and pricing of key raw materials to ensure market competitiveness.
- Identify need for strategic alliance/ tie-ups for timely supply of materials and prepare plans for finalization of the same.
Qualification And Experience:
1. Graduate with overall Experience of 20+ years in Agrochemical Industry is a Must & expected to have good understanding of supplier capabilities operating in the agrochemical industry.
2. He must have substantial experience working with agrochemical active suppliers, possess strong leadership skills in leading the procurement activities and processes, excellent negotiation, conflict resolution and analytical skills.
3. In-depth knowledge of sourcing and procurement principles and best practices.
4. Familiarity with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements, as well as understanding of standard contractual terms and conditions to mitigate legal risk.
5. Strong negotiator with good business acumen.
6. Techno Commercial acumen.
7. Interpersonal and Leadership Skills.
8. Basic financial analysis and management costs accounting skills.
9. Ability to work under pressure and manage dynamic situations.
10. Ability to influence and impact.
11. Internal as well as external stakeholder management.
12. Exhibits high business ethics and principle-based behaviour.
13. Pro-active and self-motivated.
14. Team player and commitment and passion in making procurement as a lifelong career.
15. People Leader.
An outstanding remuneration package that rewards professionalism and diligence will be on offer for the successful applicant as well as a well-defined career path. An excellent package will be on offer for the right candidate, including an above industry base salary for the right person as well as the most complete employee benefit scheme. Don't miss out on this opportunity to join the market leader
Contact Person Name, Address & Nos.:
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.