Head - Strategy & Operations - Health/Education Program Management (5-8 yrs)
- An estimated 70 million individuals suffer from depression and anxiety in India. However, strong social stigma towards these common mental health disorders, lack of trained professionals and inadequate public funding for mental healthcare, has disproportionately impacted the economically disadvantaged Indians who only have a handful of non-profits and a broken public health care system to cater to their needs.
- One of India's leading non-profit organization that will deploy a beneficiary centric intervention, empowering these individuals to take charge of their mental health and access quality treatment
- We are looking for an individual who is inspired and excited by the prospect of designing, piloting and scaling a holistic on-ground and tech-driven intervention, aimed at significantly improving the quality of life for 10 million+ individuals, by providing them with access to information and treatment for depression and anxiety.
- The individual should be confident in leading an organization that will resemble an early stage start-up. We hope to on-board someone who is a quick learner, empathetic towards the sensitivities of this sector, and driven by the impact potential of this project. Any prior experience of working with communities on the ground, start-ups, tech-driven organizations, or in the mental healthcare space will always be valuable.
- Project leads of the vendors and partners
- 4-5 individuals across senior, mid-level and entry positions
- Build alliances and enable end to end engagements with strategic partners (non-profit or for profit) and capability vendors to help achieve the goals of this vertical within the organization
- Accountable for end-to-end implementation of the intervention, ensuring coherence between all stakeholders for timely delivery of goals and achieving the impact outcomes
- Mentor and lead a team of personnel to execute on strategy and operational plans, with or without a formal reporting relationship
- Recruit, train, support and develop team members
- Engage deeply with the Advisory Board for seamless narrative across all intervention delivery engines
- Monitor and evaluate the success of the pilot and develop the plan and approach to scale it basis the results
- Engage with sector experts on an on-going basis, maintaining and building a direct relationship with them
- Build relationships and keep abreast of new and current trends within the mental health and social impact space, approaches to enable scalable impact.
- 5-8 years of professional experience across business and social domains
- Start-up mindset, having the ability to drive a project from design to pilot phase to rapid scale
- Understanding of general finance, budgeting and legal contracts
- Experience in management, operations, and leadership
- Ability to build partnerships
- Stakeholder management skills and ability to build consensus and relationships amongst the stakeholders.
- Strong and effective communication skills
- Humility, willingness to listen and an active and quick learner
- Displays empathy in thought and conduct