COO & Head Talent Acquisition at Foresight Management Consultants
Views:6052 Applications:252 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Head - Store Operations - Retail (15-20 yrs)
About the Role The main purpose of the Head of Retail is to:
- Manage the execution of all projects within the remit of Store Operations (sales; store layout and design; customer service; overall operations; store finance; store hr; store logistics; coffee shop; all concessions, health & safety, maintenance contracts, maintenance and asset procurement and security).
- Formulate strategies, objectives and targets to maximise the RoI and ensure that consistent (best practice) business practices are in place Manage Operations and ensure that all methods of store operations are standard Be responsible for the location, construction and fit-out of all new stores and together with the GM evaluate sites for the establishment of all new stores
- Keep abreast of all new technologies to keep the brands up to date on developments across retail Manage the team to ensure that all work/policies and procedures in all stores is carried out effectively to ensure the smooth running of the store Implementation of promotional/seasonal strategy across all stores
Key Specific Accountabilities:
Store Operations :
- Development of short, medium and long term strategies, objectives and targets which will provide the business with a standard and uniform operating platform across the region.
- Establish and maintain operational standards, processes and systems in accordance with approved Group policies. Ensure that proper management of all store functions by the respective Store Managers are maintained & implemented, which will contribute to the efficient and coordinated operation of the business as a whole. (Includes compliance with all SOPs). Keep abreast of the latest retail developments so as to meet all current and future objectives of the brands.
- Has a REAL customer focus: establishes & communicates customer goals and targets while ensuring the highest quality service and results for customers, articulates a strong understanding of customers needs and does significantly more than required. Acts as a role model for all employees by focusing business strategy on providing exceptional service & continually seeks and implements new ways to improve customer satisfaction. Ensures that all elements of Customer Service are at the forefront of management teams in all stores and constantly strives to improve.
- Develop KPIs for every function in the store. KPIs are set at Company/brand level as well as at store level.
- Prepare and agree with Store Managers the annual sales, headcount and expense budgets and ensure the performance of each store is within approved budgets. Be responsible for People Development and succession planning of senior store management, with a special emphasis on the development of Store Managers.
- Ensure that all implementation at store level is completed to agreed high standards, whatever the subject matter and that escalation channels are in place and are understood by all store teams. Develops and executes all aspects of retail basics, including on-shelf availability; clear shelf edge pricing; overall store standards; exceptional customer service together with outstanding queue management.
- Ensure stock takes are carried out as per the defined process in all stores and in conjunction with the Regional Admin & Compliance Manager develop stock loss action plans Maintaining 95% in-store product availability Ensure the OTB for local product store ordering is managed by store teams and in line with expectations & that timely order processing is done in order to reduce the out of stocks for A-lines and increase customer satisfaction Review and involve stores on internal store audit reports and implement necessary corrective action
Planning & Project Management :
- Evaluate potential sites according to the brands' expansion plans.
- Act as the Project Leader for the construction of new stores by coordinating all planning and fit-outs of all new stores.
- Liaise with the brand management team and to be the link between the Retail Division Development Team and the business.
- Follow up and manage project costs on an ongoing basis, ensuring that proposed solutions are of the correct standard and the most efficient in all areas of the store.
- Compile and follow up the establishment of the project timeline/critical path, updating all members of the team in a timely manner.
- Co-ordinate the timing of construction and all fit-out activities with the Retail Division Development Manager/Project Manager as well as the brand Buying and Logistics Managers.
- Ensure store equipment orders are placed in time with the most cost-effective and efficient suppliers.
- Ensure that all space planning activities are completed prior to signing off of store layouts.
- Ensure that the Visual Manager is fully briefed of brand requirements and that budgets are set and agreed prior to mobilizing.
- Ensure that members of the Store Management team are educated and trained regarding their tasks and roles in the store set up period, pre and post handover from the builder/contractor.
- System development & Co-ordination with different functions
- Plays a vital role in developing and maintaining system processes relating to the retail operations & front and back end elements.
- Plays a key role in the SAP and BI reporting development in collaboration with Retail IT/STS. Works closely with the Regional Head of Buying and Range Planning to secure the optimal range presentation in all stores.
- Facilitates the close interaction of the Buying team with the store teams to ensure that commercial priorities and feedback is ongoing.
- Plays a vital role in coordinating, with the Logistics Manager all activities associated with store and customer deliveries.
- Work closely with the Inventory team to ensure that auto replenishment is working and review regularly
- Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge: Graduate/PostGraduate (Preferably Commerce, Economics, Business Admin);
Minimum Experience: 10-15 years experience in Retail, of which at least 5 years in Senior Management & at least 3 years in store management.
- Very good skills in planning, organization & people management; Good working knowledge of SAP; High level of computer literacy.
- Customer Focused: Decision Making; Networking and Building Relationships. Individual Accountability: Resource Utilisation and Achieving Objectives; Proactiveness and Problem Solving; Strategic Thinking and Innovation; Financial and Commercial Acumen.
- Continuous Improvement: Vision, Direction and Purpose; Leading Change;
- Adaptability; Learning and Development Oriented.
- Personal Leadership: Leadership; Inspires Commitment; Influencing; Diplomatic.
- Teamwork: Collaboration; Interpersonal Relationships; Managing Talent.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.