Business Head at ASCO Consultancy Services
Views:423 Applications:141 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:29
Head - Sourcing & Import - Chemicals & Raw Materials - Petrochemical Company (9-16 yrs)
Our prestigious client having 2 Manufacturing Units in India with HO in Mumbai . Inviting application for Head Role - Purchase & Sourcing for Mumbai HO.
Company - Renowned Petro Products Manufacturing Company
Turnover - + 3000 Cr. Approx
Role - Head Purchase
Reporting- Director - SCM
Reportees- 9 to 10 Person
Location - Mumbai
Qualification - B.Tech- (Chemical) / MSC ( Chemistry) + Regular MBA / PGDM
Experience - + 8 Years
JOB Purpose -
- Management of purchasing strategy and activity and for ensuring optimal supplier performance and price. Responsible for direct and indirect purchases for the business and for ensuring the function is operating in line with the objectives to add value, mitigate supply chain risk and deliver cost savings.
JOB Responsibility -
- To co-ordinate the material procurement and replenishment activities to support 300 KTPA production per annum; with projected annual growth of > 15%
- Execute sourcing of goods and services; base oils, solvents, additives, packing materials), capex, opex and services for the continuity of business operations and meeting customer demand ( excludes international strategic base oil contracts sourcing as of today)
- Understand procurement process including commodities and geopolitical ramifications, impact on business and decision-making points with key levers of negotiations
- Deep understanding of the price positioning basis global indices, various indices and use in price evaluation, source evaluation, procurement planning and forward outlook.
- Inane ability to evaluate, analysis and forward plan the procurement activities in a constantly changing commodities market and under severe extremities of global trade
- Sound knowledge of imports and preferred experience in imports of waxes, specialty chemicals, base oils, local packaging development and services management for large scale businesses.
- Development of country level purchase controls, processes, compliance criteria and risk mitigation across the purchasing process wit safeguards built in as per global purchase practices
- Identify, evaluate, developed, nurture, and maintain vendors in line with the organizational guidelines and business needs of the various SBUs. Focus on organizational development and skill upgradation of exiting teams for creating strong resources and leaders for current and future needs
- Manage the projects and engineering purchases across multiple plant and post sites as well as large scale infra projects that come up as part of organizational investments
- Establish and maintain exceptionally challenging inventory norms to maintain controls on working capital and meet the group guidelines on inventory control
- Ensure compliance to SHEQ norms within the function, by business partners, vendors, etc.
Desired Skills -
- Good communicator, both verbal and written, with sound presentation skills
- Have excellent Negotiation Skills as well as analytical skills
- Sound decision making skills, great business acumen and eye for detail
- Highest level of integrity, transparency, and capability to work under high pressure situations.