HR Consultant at Subir Sinha HR & Corporate Advisory
Views:5742 Applications:1368 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:137
Head/Senior Manager/AGM - Logistics/Supply Chain Management - Building Material Firm - NITIE/IIT/IIM (3-6 yrs)
Client is a Leader in Building Material and is looking for a Sr. Manager - AGM /Head of Logistics / SCM with 3+ years of experience from Premier Institutes as NITIE, IIT, IIM, Symbiosis, SP Jain etc.
The role encompasses :
1) Inventory Management:
- Ensuring that all the dispatches to customers are carried out in time & are complete.
- Carry out inventory control of finished goods inventory at Plant and Depot.
- Direct responsibility for the availability, inventory control & reconciliation of stock across locations.
- Design & implementation of the inventory control & management processes.
- Breakages in depot & during transit, have to be monitored.
- Discipline of the workforce in the finished goods inventory area.
2) Maintenance of Statutory Compliance and Records required:
- Preparing daily/weekly or monthly reports on transportation dispatches & finished goods inventory.
- Check whether the statutory compliances are adhered & followed from time to time
- GST Implementation.
3) Transport Management:
- Tendering, negotiating, finalizing transport contracts / agreements.
- To optimize logistics cost in order to ensure overall savings.
- Check the manpower handling & training the manpower on the proper handling of the finished good & its storage management across the location.
4) People Capability Development.
- Deviation from planned budget.
- Total Materials lost in transit - Measured in metric tones
- No fines/penalties or notices due to noncompliance with statutory laws.
- Capability Development.
1) Negotiation skills: To keep margins, profitability & customer satisfaction high
2) Planning & Execution: Breaking the assignment into major milestones, and assigning timelines for each one, considering Risk factors in the planning process.
3) Personal Effectiveness: Is an initiator, takes ownership of the tasks allotted to him, and sticks to the timelines assigned.
4) IPR &Communication: Ability to freely discuss the information with the stakeholders in a positive way, and open to feedback or criticism.
5) Customer Orientation: Should be customer-sensitive, take timely feedback from them and address their complaints immediately.
1) The ability to solve problems and make decisions.
2) Commercial awareness and numerical skills.
3) Analytical thinking.