Head - Secretarial & Legal Affairs - Engineering Firm (15-22 yrs)
Exp : 15 - 22 Years
Our client a a leading Engineering company Listed in NSE & BSE and operating in 10 countries with a turnover of Rs.2000 Crores is looking for Company Secretary to head the Secretarial and Legal affairs.
JOB SUMMARY :
The Company Secretary & Legal Lead is responsible for ensuring compliance to Secretarial and Corporate Governance. The role holder is also responsible for managing litigation, investor relations, stock exchange related activities and IPR activities. Providing legal advice and support to internal customers and ensuring adherence to legal frameworks in day-to-day functioning of the organization is critical to the role.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Responsible to serve as Company Secretary and ensure compliance to statutory regulations.
- Manage litigation and legal cases for the company
- Ensure compliance under Companies Act with respect to various filings, returns
- Review content of annual reports and accounts from statutory and corporate governance compliance perspective, particularly narrative and disclosures in the directors- report and corporate governance reports
- Responsible for Investor Relations and Stock Exchange related activities / compliance to Exchange regulations
- Responsible to register and communicate with shareholders, to ensure dividends are paid
- Maintain register of shareholders and monitor changes in share ownership of the company
- Ensure responses to complaints of shareholders received directly or through Stock Exchanges / SEBI & Issue various certificates under SEBI's Regulations
- Provide support in drafting and vetting legal agreements, documents for the company and other entities
- Oversee and vet all agreements / contracts across functions, as appropriate
- Drafts business contracts that include outsourcing contracts, non-disclosure, partnership, hiring, vendor & other contracts according to the business requirement
- Prepare lease agreements and handle property, land, building related documents
- Identify contractual, commercial and operational risks in the contract and work with sales / operations to mitigate risks for negotiations, decision making
- Handle processes related to Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) including Trademarks, Copyrights, patents
- Track and monitor processes for IPR including application for new IPR / renewal of existing IPRs
- Develop strategy, plan and align IPR projects to meet business requirements
- Identify, apply and protect trademarks / copyrights of the company
- Ensure safe custody of the common seal and other original documents, certifications
- Responsible for managing the team
- Qualified Company Secretary with a degree in Law
- Experience of around 12 to 15 years in Secretarial & legal functions, preferably from manufacturing / engineering / industrial product segment
- Should be a Member of Institute of Company Secretaries of India
- Should have knowledge of industrial polices laid down by Government of India and RBI
- Proven track record of managing litigation previously
- Should possess knowledge of corporate governance procedures and international legal firms
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.