Managing Director at Corporate Search & Placements Pvt. Ltd.
Views:2698 Applications:140 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:138
Head - Sales - Transaction Banking (15-20 yrs)
Head - Transaction Banking - Sales
We have been retained by our client, a reputed multinational Bank to identify a Head - Transaction Banking - Sales to be based at Mumbai.
Job Purpose :
- To Manage the development and maintenance of Trade Finance Products /solutions towards enhancing banks capability in delivering highly competitive trade finance solutions, increasing market penetration and meeting the overall revenue targets.
- Explore potential business avenues & manage marketing and sales operations for achieving business growth through market development efforts.
- Manage and grow existing client portfolio and look for growth opportunities in new clients to optimize revenue.
- To manage the sales for the suite of Cash management & Trade Services across the spectrum of Bank's clients and meet the agreed revenue targets (liability & fee), limits utilized level for trade products and associated throughput, acquisition of new to bank clients with a focus to grow the Cash management & trade revenues.
Key Responsibilities :
- Responsible for understanding the customer product requirements, contributing to global and local product development and delivering products on time and within budget to meet customer requirements.
- Responsible for driving trade and cash product sales through new client acquisition and existing account mining thereby generating fee income.
- To identify & manage key clients for potential business development towards high value customers and strategically securing profitable business across the region.
- Recognize financially strong/ cost-effective and reliable markets and establishing strategic alliances to facilitate deeper market penetration thereby increasing profit margin.
- To manage trade finance and cash product sales by implementing strategies while penetrating in to the market to develop business and growth.
- Monitor transaction processing activities to ensure timely completion and delivery of transactions.
- Handle day to day activities in co-ordination with internal / external departments for smooth business operations.
- Assist product team in development of new products basis customer requirement, overseeing the development & implementation at the client side.
- Anticipate as well as be sensitive to shifting customer expectations and suggest appropriate measures to ensure the Bank stays ahead of competitors.
- Understand relevant regulations and guidelines (RBI/SEBI) necessary for advising clients on various trade transactions & providing them with guidelines too.
- Manage trade finance operations by implementing strategies while penetrating in to the market to develop business and growth.
- Monitor transaction processing activities to ensure timely completion and delivery of trade finance transactions.
- To ensure timely service delivery as well as communicating with the clients within the stipulated period while managing the overall business of the company and maintaining smooth operations.
- To ensure adherence and compliance to regulatory requirements while processing transactions both in terms of documentation and rules.
- Keep track of changes in rules and regulations in Trade Finance and implement the required changes in the bank by driving them end to end and updating existing products as per market.
Desired Skills/Competencies :
- Excellent project management skills.
- Experience leading or influencing cross functional business activities.
- Excellent influencing and negotiations skills.
- Critical thinking/ good analytical skills and an eye for detail.
- Ability to work independently under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Proven teamwork skills.
- Good communication skills and presentation skills.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and resolve conflicting priorities.
- Client facing experience.
- Good process management background
- Process mapping skills, documenting of procedures.
- Awareness of banking laws, rules and regulations.
Candidates Profile :
- Candidates should be CAs or MBAs with 15 to 20 years relevant experience in Transaction banking responsibility in Banking sector.