Associate Consultant at Sim India LLP
Views:275 Applications:44 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:8
Head - Sales - IT (12-15 yrs)
Position : Sales Head
Experience : 12 to 15 years experience in an executive sales position in IT Software/Testing Industry preferably working as sales head (decision making role)
Location : Mumbai
Reporting to : Executive Director
Industry : IT Software
Qualification : BE (any field) + MBA preferred
Working days : 6 days working.
About the Company
Our client is a global Governance, risk and compliance services company composed of experts specializing in risk management and assurance.
Our company includes experts in areas of banking, financial services, insurance, risk and compliance, technology effectiveness, investigations and quality assurance. Our consultants have deep insights on par with the thought leaders of the world. We are more accessible, adept and cost effective than our competitors in delivering value for our clients.
- This position would be in charge of the Sales Department, overseeing all sales related activities. The Sales Head will provide leadership and strategic direction to the businesses overall sales program, inclusive of securing new customers, expanding revenues within the existing customer base.
- The Sales Head in his executive position will play a major role in leading, designing, and implementing the businesses development activities and corporate branding in order to increase revenue and gross profit.
- The Sales Head also takes initiative to mentor key personnel in the sales department, ensuring their constant professional growth, and assisting them in the execution of their duties where necessary.
- The Sales Head sets departmental KPIs and evaluates the effectiveness of the sales initiatives, making appropriate changes that encourage achievement of overall sales and business targets.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- To spearhead the sales department's development initiatives, ensuring that they remain consistent with the business's overall strategy.
- Increase sales revenue through the design and implementation of appropriate strategies for the each of the business's verticals, sales channels, and services.
- Design, implement and manage the business's sales process, ranging from relationship development and contract finalization.
- Track and reviews actual sales results against the set targets and business KPIs
- Determine the effectiveness of sales initiatives and implement necessary changes and solutions.
- Place measures in place across the sales department for the purpose of forecasting and monitoring sales performance and business compliance.
- Articulate results of the analyses in reports, presentations, and recommendations to key stakeholders.
- Maintain knowledge base of the business's industry, competitors, and regulatory activity through regular research. Keep up with trends and best practices.
- Establish relationships with key personnel within the business's market. Attend industry events and conferences, establishing and maintaining long term relationships with key customers, potential customers and key strategic partners.
- Work closely with other executive and advise them on sales strategies, forecasting, and general management issues in order to align the business's efforts, avoid conflict of interests, and enable the achievement of the business's overall goals and targets. Help tenured team members upskill and motivate them to give their best
- Collaborate with the financial department in determining the sales department's budget as well as appropriate internal budgetary allocations.
- Collaborate with the human resources department in order to determine the criteria for recruiting key personnel in the sales department in order to guarantee a high performance within the department.
- He also performs other duties, as he deems necessary for the smooth performance of his duties or duties as delegated by the Employer.
Required Qualification, Skill and experience
- Min Qualification should be Bachelors of Engineering (in any field).Engineer with MBA in Sales/Marketing will be preferred.
- 12 to 15 years experience in an executive sales position in IT Software/Testing Industry preferably working as sales head
- Should have prior experience of managing a sales team.
- Has a successful record of accomplishing and exceeding goals in his/her managerial positions while growing and scaling a sales organization of a sizeable business
- Communication skills are essential for this position. Must be capable of passing down clear and concise messages to the entire sales department.
- A suitable candidate will also be highly technologically adept and possess an understanding of IT software applications, software development and testing methods and platforms.
- Must be highly passionate and consumer-oriented, have a passion for interacting with others, a strong commitment to delivering excellence to consumers and have a sense of urgency and resourcefulness.
- Have a commitment to quality, can-do attitude, be capable of working independently, as well as with others, be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision, demonstrate composure in times of uncertainty, inspiring the same in his team.
- The candidate must demonstrate superior leadership skills, being able to move a vast cross-functional group of professionals in a single direction and with a common vision and objective. Must also be approachable and likable individual who is able to make strong and meaningful connections with others, making it easy for junior and collaborating personnel to follow in his directives and for stakeholders and external partners to trust in his insights and judgements.