Director at Pplanet HR Services
Views:479 Applications:126 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:118
Head - Risk - Unsecured Consumer Lending - FinTech - IIM/ISB/FMS/MDI (10-15 yrs)
The job involves leading the risk function along with providing support to business head in taking strategic decisions pertaining to the risk and compliance for the unsecured consumer lending business.
We are currently developing risk models for disrupting consumer lending, particularly in unsecured lending space by building a path-breaking credit evaluation platform that would help scale the unsecured lending business for our partner banks/ lenders faster.
Key responsibilities :
- Setting risk function from scratch working on conjunction with senior leaders and partners Banks/ NBFC's
- Develop credit risk policies and procedures for new consumer lending products
- Ensure that credit underwriting procedures and scoring methodology are in line with core credit risk policy and agreed on credit risk appetite.
- Keeping risk and portfolio performance at the optimum level
- Work with product division to ensure integration of business development and risk policy
- Ensuring that the governance, risk, compliance and control frameworks of the set up are strong and robust
- Strategise and partner in implementing technology to enable a digital journey in the retail lending process- e.g. underwriting, KYC etc
- Be responsible for designing and developing state-of-the-art, data-driven exploratory analysis to build and evaluate predictive and decision models
- Developing statistical credit models, and communicate analytical and credit ideas - internally, as well as to partner banks/lenders
- Engage with bureaus to create risk models, engage with lending partners wrt Risk profile of our customers
- Ideate and help launch next-generation lending products and structures that will drive the next round of innovation and disruption within unsecured lending space
- Manage the analytic components of the project, including project schedules, workflow, and direction to the analytic team and ensure the client's business objectives are incorporated into the analytic plan
- Communicate key analytic findings to client and are responsible for addressing client's analytic concerns
- Build and evaluate predictive and decision models to be deployed in production systems, or for research. This includes the analysis of large amounts of historical data, determining suitability for modeling, data clean-up and filtering, pattern identification and variable creation, selection of sampling criteria and performance definition, and variable selection, and experiments with different types of algorithms and models, analyzing performance, to identify the best algorithms to employ.
- Mentor and coach team members
- Set priorities and manage projects of medium to large scope; identify roadblocks and work to resolve them
- Review project variances against deliverables; negotiate necessary changes without committing to the impossible, and engage in direct dialogue with client to achieve agreement on project outcomes
- Adapt to changing environments, resources, and project demands.
- Determine appropriate model report format for communication with clients.
- Participate in pre-sales support and/or provide post-implementation support which may require travel.
Capabilities we are looking for :
- 10+ years of experience in unsecured credit risk, at least 5 years of experience in Indian unsecured personal / consumer loan market
- MBA from a tier-1 B School will be preferable.
- Specialized knowledge in consumer lending industry (unsecured) and risk management
- Knowledge of credit appraisal, risk analytics, industry and product trends, especially pertaining to products in Small ticket lending
- Knowledge of regulatory guidelines and norms
- Expertise in analytics and modeling, Basel compliance
- Significant hands-on experience conducting and leading medium/large predictive analytics engagements, exploratory data analysis, data management and data preparation
- Experience analyzing data in order to draw conclusions about data integrity, accuracy, and general relationships with proficiency in analytic tools
- Strong communication, presentation and client facing skill set
- Quick problem solving capabilities. Lead project team to deliver projects on time with client's satisfaction
- Proven ability to conceptualize, drive and implement sales strategy and process with a client-centric approach.
- In-depth knowledge about lending business, fintech industry.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.