Director at Connections India
Views:554 Applications:126 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:50
Head - Risk - FinTech (8-15 yrs)
Strategic role, to set the company direction for the next 5-7 years.
Job Description :
- Responsible for designing and building the risk and underwriting infrastructure for the most innovative consumer lending platform in India
- Creation of the risk and underwriting policies, infrastructure, development and deployment of underwriting models, risk decision strategies and fraud detection
- Be involved in the full-life-cycle and straddle credit-and non-credit functions (initially)
- Work closely with Sr. Management team and lending partners in managing Risk/Return of the portfolio, defaults & collections
- Represent the company to the outside world, including lending partners, board of directors & other strategic alliances
- As the Head of Risk you will be reporting to the CRO and will be responsible for heading a Risk team
- Responsible for credit underwriting / analysis / appraisal as well as developing the lending norms / rates / policies for all retail lending products offered. This would include overseeing Risk for products across Business Loans, Vehicle Loans, Personal loans, Mortgages, Loans Against Property, Loans Against Shares, Micro-finance and Agri-loans.
- You would ensure that the customer portfolio meets the quality measures. You would also manage internal stakeholders in addition to regulators and governing bodies.
The candidate should have :
- Deep knowledge of scorecards, credit policies and risk management in an unsecured context
- Experience in validating and implementing risk models and strategies
- Atleast 3-5 years of experience in using analytics for credit modeling
- Passion for using data and algorithm to drive underwriting decisions
- Extreme comfort with technology and working with engineers
- Passionate, creative, innovative and looking to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- MBA/CA (first attempt) or IIT B.Tech with atleast 8+ years of experience in a retail bank or retail NBFC, Indian or foreign