Consultant at Michael Page
Views:468 Applications:108 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:9
Head - Risk & Compliance - Financial Services (7-14 yrs)
Main purpose of the job-Head Risk and Compliance
- Responsible for Operational Risk Management, Information Security and Business Continuity, Audit and Compliance within the company
- This role focuses on the facilitation, challenge and advice in relation to risk, information security and business continuity, audit and compliance. The role will involve a close working relationship with the company Management Team and the Financial Services Firm business risk teams
Key responsibilities :
- Leads Financial Services Firm risk management.
- Administer and manage all risk management initiatives within the entity.
- Responsible to maintenance and manage the Risk Governance Framework for the Financial Services Firm including the following :
a) Operational Risk Management
b) Information Security and Business Continuity
c) Internal Audit and Compliance
- Oversees the implementation of the Financial Services Firm risk management, information security, audit and compliance policies (based on policies provided by the Financial Services Firm)
- Provide reporting to the management of the Financial Services Firm (client) wrt. to risk, information security and business continuity, audit and compliance.
- Establish and analyses various operational risk metric and indicators at business line level ensuring appropriate reporting and escalation of operational risk metrics and events.
- Acts as operational risk liaison, continuously tracking, monitoring, and furthering knowledge of best practice, and where applicable modifying existing practices accordingly in close cooperation with Financial Services Firm
- Facilitates the development of risk mitigation strategies for the Financial Services Firm critical risks and for monitoring these risks.
- Ensures effective alignment between operational Risk, information security and business continuity, internal audit and Compliance Functions
- Anticipate resource requirement and liaise with relevant agencies to get resources as required to ensure smooth functioning of the risk function
- Establish necessary training programs to build the risk culture of Financial Services Firm
- Undertake special assignments as directed by the Financial Services Firm.
Education/ Qualifications/Training : Good all-round education with a graduate degree/Post Graduate and relevant experience
Special Skills/ Knowledge :
Good knowledge of :
- Risk Management Practices,
- Information Security and BCM Practices
- Audit and Compliance Practices preferably with in the Financial Industry
- Regulatory awareness with respect to AML, OFAC, KYC and relevant requirements
- Breadth of understanding and appreciation of activity undertaken within own function.
- Experience in documenting / analysing/ reviewing controls around business processes, identifying gaps and suggesting improvements.
- Knowledge of industry and regulatory standards of Operational Risk Management, such as Basel Standards
- Be able to comprehend the purpose and scope of Financial Services Firm Policies and implement the same with in the specified timeframe
Evidence of relevant work experience :
- Experience in financial services specifically in operations or audit.
- Understanding of Compliance work programs and requirements
- Experience of creating risk registers.
- Experience of tracking local risk and audit-related activity
- Experience of evaluating, maintaining and improving local frameworks for control.
- Experience of promoting and facilitating local and cross-functional frameworks of control within own dept.
- Ensure all reporting and certifications are done as per MSA