Head - Retail Operations - FMCG (15-20 yrs)
Position : Head - Retails Operations, India
Bases Station : Delhi/NCR
Working in partnership with global leading FMCG Organization to recruit Head - Retails Operations, India
- To contribute to the development, implementation, monitoring and review of a business strategy that maximizes the retail net profit by driving sales and controlling costs at regional level; to build motivated and high performing teams through the effective leadership and line management to retail staff.
Key Responsibilities :
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following :
- Works with the Managing Director and other Heads of Function to influence the creation and communication of company strategy, business priorities and targets for the Regional Teams and ensures there are systems in place to enable the shop managers to receive the information in a timely manner
- Generates ideas about future retail activities to ensure a cutting edge strategy; maintains up to date knowledge of the market place, competitors and trends
- Uses open feedback mechanisms from the operations team with other departments to ensure the integration of the retail strategy with Minds- other activities
- Influences and supports the retail element of the annual budget process ensuring understanding and buy in from the operations team. Constantly reviews financial data and supports the Regional Managers in providing realistic input into the sales budgets
- Takes decisions on matters relating to the day to day retail operation within their defined work area including the strategic planning of resources
- Translates the strategic goals into retail operational plans to achieve the required targeted growth in sales and profit; identifies and optimises promotional opportunities ensuring these are co -ordinated with wider Mind promotions and campaigns
- Ensures that the retail operation complies to all policies and procedures relating to Security, Health and Safety; influences any changes necessary to meet statutory requirements, ensuring minimum risk to staff members and the business
- Ensures all new shop proposals meet the required return on sales prior to submitting any recommendations to the Managing Director; all new shop locations must be visited to ensure they will trade effectively and meet the proposed budgets
- Spends time in shops with retail shop teams and customers to understand and identify business critical issues in order to ensure the alignment of tactics and strategies; maintains the corporate identity of Mind in all shops and related initiatives
- Takes a lead role in building a strong sales management culture with the operations team; spends time coaching Regional Managers, identifying skills and opportunities for development; provides advice and guidance on shop manager issues when needed.
- Works with the HR Business Partner to ensure people management issues are satisfactorily resolved and relevant HR policies and procedures are adhered to. Chairs disciplinary, grievance, capability hearings and appeals as required.
- Proactively manages and reviews the performance and progress of Regional Managers and their regions, sets objectives and targets; works with Regional Training Manager to develop individual training plans for the team
- Instigates the creation of procedures and systems to maximise volunteer recruitment and retention
- Recruits, trains and develops staff ensuring adherence to Mind's HR systems and procedures
- Maintains and constantly develops innovative and cost effective stock generation; monitors stock weekly to achieve bottom line sales budget against monthly targets
- Regularly produces and presents a range of financial/non financial reports for the Managing Director and the Retail Board as required
Person Specification :
- Master's degree with 15 years of relevant experience, an MBA degree is preferred
- Experienced in managing relationships at a senior level and managing a diverse (in terms of skill base and experience) team of people.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to contribute and successfully deliver against a business strategy
- Must possess a track record of increasing and sustaining sales growth and profitability even in challenging market conditions such as the current economic climate
- Must demonstrate a proven ability to motivate, coach and develop people
Position Code : HRO/HCS
Indicative remuneration : CTC of INR 35- 40 lakhs per annum
For Nomination and Expression of Interest :
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.