Senior Associate at Daksada
Views:9384 Applications:269 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:10
Head - Retail - Electronics (15-25 yrs)
- We have been retained by one of the largest distributors and retailers of consumer electronics, telecom and IT Products in the UAE. The Organization caters to a cross section of channels, which include Power Retailers, Hyper Markets, Souqs, Corporates and Institutions. It is a ISO 9001:2000 certified company and has received several accolades for - Best in Sales-, - Best Employee- and - Best in Service- .
- The Organization with a multimillion turn over, has approximately 30 odd stores, situated throughout the Emirates .
- The business has grown over four fold in the last five years and has aggressive plans to expand even further. The 2016 business strategy aims at developing the Retail Business and making it their front runner and the vehicle that will drive the organization towards increased profitability. The move will also enable them to be the NO 1 Power Retailer in the region.
- My client, therefore seeks to recruit a Senior Retail Management Professional who will drive the new strategy and enable the business to grow exponentially, in the next many years.
- The role is multi-dimensional and includes strategic management of the business, business development (acquisition of brands and products), acquisition of new properties, new markets development, relationship with principals, supply chain management, merchandising, operations through a team of top notch leaders, customer service, creating a strong ECommerce mechanism and most importantly creating strong cohesive teams in each and every store.
- The position reports to the CEO of the Group.
Key Responsibilities of the position are to :
- Lead the store team in the achievement of the unit sales plan and operational deliverables. Create an environment of associate engagement that maximizes customer service and delivers flawless execution of all processes and standards.
- Create an environment where associates feel comfortable to openly exchange ideas and concerns. Drive associate engagement by actively promoting Mission, Vision and Values, providing regular communication through staff conferences, department meetings and maintaining high standards in all associate areas within each store. Ensure active recognition programs and associate development plans are in place.
- Drive flawless execution of corporate initiatives and store standards including operational, payroll, Sales per Hour achievement, and merchandising standards. Take a pro-active approach to diagnose and put solutions in place to address gaps and achieve plans.
- Balance operational activity with creating strategies to ensure successful execution of future initiatives, business to business opportunities, special events and financial deliverables.
- Develop leadership team through an effective performance management program that provides goals, coaching, training and recognition as well as regular, meaningful assessments. Ensure succession plans are in place and developmental plans are implemented.
- Ensure all associates work in compliance with all laws and regulations and attend and complete all required health and safety training, report all accidents and take every precaution reasonable to ensure personal safety and the safety of others. Perform other duties as required.
- A suitable candidate will have minimum 15 years of solid retail management experience, primarily in the retailing of consumer electronics, digital and mobile communication and minimum 5 years of General management experience.
- A good strategist with a hands on capability to drive business will be a good fit for the role.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.