Recruitment Head at Corporate Recruitment Partner
Views:109 Applications:28 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Head - Research & Development - Chemical (18-25 yrs)
Purpose of the Role :
Is responsible for leading the research for new products/polymers, product enhancements and product redesign. Is expected to partner closely with various stakeholders (internal & external) to define the R&D roadmap for the organization and lead the process of innovation leading to both top-line and bottom-line improvements.
Operating Network; Production; Quality; SCM; Engineering; Marketing; Senior Management; HR; Customers; Govt. Agencies; Auditors; Vendors
1. Financial Focus :
- R&D Budgeting & Planning : Responsible for planning the R&D roadmap for the financial year and accordingly budget for all new material development, new products, in-production R&D related chemical procurement and manpower required.
- Commercialisation of Innovations : Responsible for ensuring that all innovations (new product related/ new material) are commercialized to the maximum in the form of pushing actively for the specialized products to be marketed and looking at licensing of non-core patents to bring in revenue for the organization.
- Cost of Production : Partner with various stakeholders (Production/ Quality/ SCM) to actively explore various substitutes to the current raw materials / chemicals / additives (imports/ high cost RM- s) while ensuring the highest quality of products.
2. Operational Focus :
- Development of New Products : Responsible for studying the market & competitors (evolution of current products, unexplored uses of the products, etc.) and planning the development of products as per customer requirements (includes identification of additives and chemicals for the required activities).
- In-Production R&D : Oversee all production activities of coating resin, slurry preparation for Film line. Monitor all extrusion / polymer synthesis / Coating trials and review the results of the trials.
- Support to other departments : Responsible for providing resolutions to queries of other departments like QA / Marketing / Production / Lab, and providing them technical support.
- Statutory Requirements : Responsible for all statutory activities (like renewal of the Certification, updation the status of R&D Projects to DSIR / other govt. agencies)
- Patents Filing & Management : Responsible for studying the competition (through collaboration with other stakeholders) and actively look for markets and regions where patents can be filed and commercialized leading to windfall gains for the organization.
- Conferences & Seminars : Actively participate in various conferences across the world (especially in key markets for the organization) and present new developments in the field, promote R&D capabilities and seek to influence key opinion leaders through white papers.
- New Initiatives/CAPA's : Partner with various functions to design and plan CAPA's impacting the quality of products manufactured across the organization. Lead the design of the CAPA's. from an R&D perspective.
- MIS & Reporting : Responsible to review reports generated (production/quality/ new product/ material development) and look for trends to highlight improvements / need for improvements.
- Present reports on material durability/ reliability/ new product development to the Head of Manufacturing /Management Committee.
3. Customer/ Vendor Focus :
- Customer Management / Partnerships : Responsible for handling and resolving customer complaints, as and when required (w.r.t product durability/ specific features). Responsible for partnering with key customers / Marketing team to develop applications of product for specific requirements.
- Vendor Management : Responsible for interacting with various vendors and suppliers (in partnership with SCM) to explore new RMs/ substitutes that would help drive down costs while retaining the chemical/ physical properties of the product in question.
4. Talent Focus :
- Team Management : Demonstrate the ability to build and motivate team members. Coach team members on Research & Innovation Management Skills. Handling & resolving grievances of the team. Responsible for KRA setting and reviewing of the Direct Reportees. Responsible to ensure that the code of conduct of the organization is followed by the team.
- Team Hiring : Coordinate the hiring of all department personnel and conduct performance appraisals and provide coaching and guidance to members of the department.
- Team Development : Responsible to ensure the competence (skill matrix) for all team members and ensure that they are up to date and in tune with organization expectations. Responsible to provide training and guidance to the team to upgrade their skill.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.