Head - R&D - Personal Care Products Organization (15-25 yrs)
Industry - FMCG / Foods / Beverage
Category - Operations
Skills - R&D, Research, Product Development, Innovation, personal care, FMCG
Job Type - Permanent
Job Description :
- Responsible for leading the R&D team in identifying and overseeing the alignment and execution of relevant business imperatives, R&D projects, technology development and improvement initiatives, with a particular focus on improving quality and innovation.
Client Details :
Our client is a leading FMCG brand that touches the households with product in categories such as Personal Care, Hair Care and Skin Care. They want to innovate and launch new products and might also want to take a route to outsource. They are looking for a R&D head who not only is good at new product development but also is commercially sound and knows the pulse of the consumers. The position is based out of Mumbai.
Reporting into the CEO/MD of the organization and managing a team of researchers across different categories you will be responsible for:
- Driving origination's vision and develop long term R&D strategy in alignment with the business priorities to meet future technological demands
- Looking for the external environment's cutting edge technology, equipment, systems and processes for improving efficiency, quality and reducing costs or for future business requirements
- Strategizing with the marketing and business teams to identify synergies between existing products, required products and market dynamics
- Preparing annual budget for the R&D Department and allocated resources and approval for R&D initiatives and capital expenditure proposals by evaluating ROI and payback periods
- Identifying areas of improvement in product development and suggest methods for improving the cost, quality, product positioning to significantly mitigate gaps and delays
- Designing structural and procedural changes in collaboration with internal stakeholders to improve R&D process efficiency
- Spearheading of R&D project plan, and organize product designing and development ensuring competitiveness and innovation of products and processes from a technological and design point of view
- Undertaking consumer insights studies to map consumer needs for new product development and Proactively identifying best-in-class technologies among competitors and develop an innovation and product development roadmap
- Overseeing early research and in-vitro studies to be done for upcoming technology, new product development, etc.
- Overseeing regular updating of knowledge management systems to reduce redundancies and boost process efficiencies and ensuring availability of requisite documentation for product launch and regulatory approval.
- Reviewing and monitoring performance of team members' and provide requisite developmental support/ inputs and driving high performance and recommend training as required for team's continuous development.
Ideally you are a Masters/PHd and should have 15-25 years of experience in new product development and majorly in personal care products. You should be commercially sound and must have experienced the entire product life cycle including consumer insights. You should be a great leader who has team management experience and is updated with the latest technology and trends in the market. You should be commercially sound in terms of being aware of consumer insights and also taking a decision on outsourcing what and how.
Job Offer :
- Great Brand to associate with and good working culture
- Reporting into the CEO/MD
Contact - Varad Maheshwari - +91 (0) 22 4236 3367
For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the company's redirected page of this job. Please make sure you apply on the redirected page as well.