HR Consultant at Xpert Conexions
Views:237 Applications:30 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Head - R&D - (candidates From Agriculture Domain only) (15-25 yrs)
Head - R&D - (candidates From Agriculture Domain only)
Key Individual Accountabilities
Strategic - Define short and long term R&D research areas and come out with a product roll out plan.
- Develop the R&D strategic plan and drive innovation.
- Understanding/evaluating global strategic alliances' products and technologies.
- Keep an eye on changing market needs / reshaping of Sustainable Agriculture practices and aligning new products as per the needs.
- Actively participating in various industry forums and contributing articles to various technical magazines.
- Developing R& D architecture, processes, recruiting right people, and portfolio.
Financial - Strategize and lead the SPN R&D and come out with new and differentiated product availability along with time lines for annual budgeting exercise of the Specialty Plant Nutrition business.
- Actively participating and coming out with R&D long and short term plans.
Customer/ External Orientation - Keeping in touch with the changing patterns of farmer preferences, identifying challenges faced by the farmers and ensuring that R&D is aligned accordingly.
- Coming out with right positioning strategies for new products based on the benefits products are expected to deliver.
- Seeking active feedback from the market on product performance and incorporating the necessary changes to the recipes.
People Orientation - Strengthen R&D employee engagement and cultivate culture of high performance
- Ensure regular review of team performance and provide development inputs through identification of training needs and nominating for training programs.
- Ensuring that R&D and Production plants Quality Assurance teams work in tandem.
Core operational accountabilities - R&D in various upcoming Specialty Nutrition space
- Identification of new research areas / coming out with in-house developed technology platforms.
- Planning & review of product trials with evaluation Team
- Identify horizontal/vertical research areas in Water Soluble, Biofertilisers, Biostimulants, Nano Fertilisers and Slow & Controlled release Fertilisers space.
- Thoroughly understanding FCO/Biostimulants/Nano Fertilisers and other policies and ensuring that all new products strictly adhere to the norms.
- Responsible for accreditation of R&D facilities of highest government authorities.
- Presenting new products to all stake holders from time to time as per Stage & Gate policy
- Liaison with government authorities/product approval committees /Industry associations to include new products/new technologies and registration of in-house developed products by submitting required dossiers.
- Bringing new technologies to speed up product evaluation
- National and international research institutes/ universities tie ups for new technologies/ technical transfers for entering into new research areas and developing upcoming products
- Commercialization strategies
- Prioritization of New products roll out
- Arriving at right raw material sources which enhances product efficiency at the same time optimizes the product cost.
- Arriving at R&D budgetary requirements and year wise new products roll out plan.
- Quality Assurance
o Set up QC/QA labs at various mfg facilities
o Placing SOPs and Ensuring for Quality of all manufactured and third party products
o Continuously working on enhancing the existing product range quality in discussions with R&D teams as well as third party suppliers
Key Interactions :
Internal External :
- With Supply Chain for understanding more on traded products, interactions with vendors and sourcing of newly identified products
- Agri services and Promotion Teams
- Senior management for strategic R&D decisions
- Sales & Marketing Team
- Procurement/HR/Accounts/ Legal
- QC Team - Farmers/Dealers
- Competitors' R&D Heads
- Industry associations
- International/Central/State agriculture dept./ Agriculture Universities/Research Institutes/Industry Associations
- Product vendors
- Strategic alliance partners
- Prospective alliances
Technical & Behavioral Skills & Knowledge:
Technical Knowledge :
- Ph.D in Micro Biology/Biotechnology/ Soil Science /Agronomy with minimum 20 years research experience in a reputed company and min 5 yrs experience of spear heading R&D , Product innovation and development in Specility Plant Nutrition area
- Process setup for manufacturing of in-house developed products
- Good Knowledge of Plant physiology, agriculture products and cropping patterns
- Discovery / New product Development processes/ systems.
- Knowledge on Equipment / Infrastructure for setting up R& D facilities or enhancing existing infrastructure.
- Membership/ participation in National/International Conferences/ Trade Fairs
- Thinks Strategically and Acts Decisively (PL3)
- Agile Towards Change and Innovation (PL3)
- Executes Efficiently (PL3)
- Builds a Performance & Development Culture (PL3)
- Focused on Achieving Results (PL3)
- Builds Partnership with Stakeholders (PL3)
- Product Development (ModulePL3)
- Analytical skills
- Communication & Writing skills
- Team Management
- Ability to see big picture
- Envisioning new product development from start to finish
- Ability to pay attention to details
Key Performance Indicators :
- Products offered to Business teams as per the roll out plan given in Annual Budget plan
- Time To Prepare stage & Gate presentations and moving to the next step
- Adhering to R&D budgets spelled out in annual Business plan exercise.
- New Products Per Researcher & Cost Per Researcher
- First To Market Products
- Co development of products with strategic partners-
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.