Managing Director at Pioneer Management Consultant
Views:658 Applications:215 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Head - Purchase - Manufacturing & Trading Firm (10-14 yrs)
About Our Client : MNC-Mfgr & Trading
Position : Head - Purchase
Location : Mumbai
Reports : Group Head - SCM Operations
Will Be Responsible For :
- Responsible for ensuring procurement and development of products in efficient and effective to our Group companies globally.
- Plan, organize and monitor the complete development plan and consistent supply plan of goods to ensure items and resources are shipped to their appropriate destinations with optimized costs
- Exceptional strengths in maintaining perfect coordination with Sales with complete knowledge of Engineering item procurement other applications thereof.
- Procurement of Tyre, Batteries and White Goods-Consumer Electronic Goods
Key Responsibilities :
- Support on-site teams in designing and executing the sourcing process
- Develop a clean spending baseline
- Develop should cost models & benchmark opportunity
- Setup category dashboards
- Collate demand requirements - SKU specifications, business requirements
- Identify relevant suppliers to introduce into the process
- Conduct RFP analysis and prepare negotiation decks
- Develop procurement expertise in 1-2 broad categories
- Managing supply chain from Requirement
- Work with other functions to build collaborative solutions/offerings
- Develop strategies for cost reduction, negotiations, and overall improved commercial performance
- Drive efforts to improve contract negotiations and management, ensuring risks are managed and mitigated Identification,
- Liaising with the Group's overseas offices, especially in Africa, for operational activities.
- Planning annual capacity based on demand forecasting & historical data to ensure availability of resources & highlight in case of additional capacity need and assist for sourcing through different schemes to avail duty benefits.
- Leadership and Business Planning
- Work in partnership with the Group Supply Chain Head & the Director to develop the Country's operational strategy/plan and implement processes and approaches to achieve it.
- Ability to manage and develop sourcing team efficiently
-Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice in vendor development, sourcing, operations & logistics vision, strategy, policies, processes, and procedures to aid and improve operational performance
- Assess operational risks to the company and ensure they are monitored and minimized
- Support the development of budgets about the operational business plan
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical/ Electrical / Electronic Engineering
- Master's degree in Operations/Manufacturing/Planning
- 10-14 Years of experience, Minimum 5 years leading Purchasing / vendor development /Operations/supply chain function for a variety of products (trading of commodity and branded goods, manufactured goods)
Other Experience :
- Process-driven, confident in developing efficient and effective systems to increase the productivity of the organization
- Developing business plans and budgeting
- Cost control exposure and exposure to the procurement of electronic and white goods would be an added advantage
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.