Executive Search Consultant at Zallery
Views:758 Applications:256 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:53
Head - Purchase - Lab Equipment/Chemicals (10-15 yrs)
Role and Responsibilities :
- Responsible for Sourcing and Procurement of Commercial Raw Material and Packaging Material, Project and Capex Purchases, Lab Equipment and Lab Chemicals Purchase, R&D Purchase, Consumables and Engineering.
- Responsible for all commercial contracts and agreements, including third party operations.
- Responsible for Vendor development, Vendor Audit, and Ongoing Vendor Management, meeting Quality, Food Safety, and other regulatory requirement of industry.
- Strategic Contracting of all categories of purchases with overall understanding of material, quality requirement and vendors.
- Market intelligence on material pricing, movement and trends.
- Competitive and Industry Benchmarking.
- Support R&D / Marketing on New product Developments in terms of existing / new material.
- Proactively Manage Risk, hedging exchange risks as appropriate through timing purchases and contracts.
- Work closely with Finance, deploy resources efficiently, managing cash flow and seasonality of procurement.
- Responsible for enlisting vendors, dealers and traders to purchase excess material generated in Operations from time to time.
- Work closely with Operations, R & D and QA team to strike appropriate balance (availability, quality, yields) between material cost and overall product costing.
- Responsible for improving and optimising existing packaging material, developing new packaging material.
- Ensure that purchasing documentation is kept upto date, including at the time of Regulatory and Customer Audits.
- In Depth knowledge on handling various chemicals, handling and storage procedures
- Indepth knowledge on cGMP requirement in warehouse management.
- Working Knowledge of ERP.
- Knowledge of Import Export Policy.
- Knowledge of contracts and bid process.
- Strategic knowledge of taxation.