Senior Human Resource Analyst at Vitasta Consulting Pvt. Ltd.
Views:774 Applications:201 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:29
Head - Projects & Plant - FMCG/Pharma Manufacturing (10-16 yrs)
A) Management of Projects Function :
- Work as a Project Manager and lead and manage the Greenfield, Manufacturing Project. Manage the Project, Installation and Commissioning of the upcoming site.
- Work closely with Engineering consultant as well as statutory consultant on design & approval process for the construction.
- Lead the project management function - Manage the design and operational protocols, project, budgets, etc. Review engineering drawings, layouts, cost estimates, etc.
- Manage the Project Team and General Contractor on site. Negotiation with contractors. Implement and apply appropriate project monitoring tools.
- Work closely with internal stake holders & design consultant agency to finalize design for the facility, process, utilities & traffic inline, local statutory requirement to meet the business objective for India business.
- Coordinate with statutory consultant to ensure the necessary information is provided & permissions are secured well in time to meet the master schedule
- Prepare budget for the various stages of project to meet the overall cost objective for this project & execute it along with stakeholders like procurement, engineering to deliver best value for money. Accountable for the on-time, on budget and safe execution of the project.
- Oversee the installation of the equipment and machinery and all civil, building and engineering works involved in the project
- Work with project stakeholders in due diligence, sit-set-up, customer interaction training, building/equipment set-up and all other stages of operational set-up
- Responsible for procurement, contract strategy, and the selection of contractors & suppliers, Negotiate and Lead Tender Processes in consultation with VP - Operation, SCM & Projects
- Ensure smooth & cost-effective installation & commissioning of Utility systems like steam generations & distribution system, Refrigeration Systems (Chillers), HVAC systems, Water treatment systems (purified water, WFI, Pure steam generation plants, Cooling towers, Compressed Air, Nitrogen gas generation systems)
- Co-ordination with Consultant and vendors for Preparation of equipment's & machinery, layout drawings, site master file layouts, HVAC and piping layouts.
- Ensures all personnel involved in a project, to include but limited to project team, plant personnel and contractors are aware of and adhere to all safety rules and regulations.
- To prepare project status reports and other reports required as per project management methodologies.
- Post installation and commissioning run the plant as Plant Head
B) Management of Operations function -
- Set up strategic plan for production and maintenance in close coordination with supply plan.
- Supervise, guide and coach on daily work of production & maintenance.
- Set up performance standard for these functions
- Effectively control operating income and achieve cost-saving targets
- Co-ordination with other functions
- Co-ordinate with R&D, Logistics and Supply Planner for effective & efficient operations of the plant
- Partner with R&D, Marketing & Sales in developing, testing and launching new Products (NPD).
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance and Sales to resolve customer complaints.
- Co-ordination with Accounts and Finance function to manage the budgets related to the department.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing the Production & Maintenance budget, along with detail understanding of Manpower - Staff Welfare and Quality Assurance budget and its impact on over efficiency / cost performance of plant. Analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Product Standard: Improve and update product standard, ensure that production is in line with standard and make rectifications when there is incompliance
- Maintains product quality by enforcing quality assurance policies and procedures and government requirements
- Be responsible for Sanitation status of the production lines.
- Implement and drive the Total Productivity Manufacturing (TPM) ways of working in the plant by building right capability and culture in plant.
Experience & Education:
- BE/B. Tech having work experience in food/ FMCG / Pharma industries
- Be familiar with food equipment with rich experience in modern production management system
- Independently worked on project size of (250-300 cores) preferably green field projects.
- Significant hands-on experience on MEP, utilities and general engineering with specialization in refrigeration and familiar with good engineering practices.
- Basic production skills and understanding of food manufacturing processing.
- Good organizing, administration and problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with ability to communicate with all levels of associates.
- Proactive, strong-minded, quick thinker and assertive.
- Able to motivate a team, recognize good talent and bring out the best out of each individual.
- Good knowledge of FSSC-22000 & HACCP systems.
- Health in line with food plant requirement.