Principal Consultant at Simply People
Views:2706 Applications:225 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Head - Production - Manufacturing Plant (15-20 yrs)
Hiring for well reputed client which is engaged in manufacturing of bulk drugs addressing to various high potential therapeutic segments and has envisaged high growth plans through infrastructure creation and CMS.
- To lead the Manufacturing Process within the company and Responsible for Profit & Loss of Plant.
- Will be responsible for planning the production and operations activities simultaneously enabling the procurement /SCM for seamless business requirement.
- To be responsible for all WHO audits, factory Licenses, statutory compliances applicable at plant level.
- Streamline the operations in the most cost optimized manner at the maximum resource utilization and Manpower planning to optimize the cost of production.
PRODUCTION PLANNING :
- Preparation of annual production budget to meet the Corporate Business Plan.
- Deciding on monthly production plan by allocating the resources optimally.
- Spearheading overall plant and equipment operations, as per budgetary allocations
- Undertaking production planning for products running in the Module / contract manufacturing (if any).
- Reviewing existing processes and initiating measures for enhancing production capacity as well as productivity.
- Manpower planning for production.
- Successful Tech Transfer of the new products/ Molecules developed.
- Capacity improvement in cycle-time of exhibiting the batches
- Analyzing the plant capacity by increasing the batch sizes by reducing cycle of current process.
- Establish and Manage contract manufacturing business by finalizing other heads/specifications.
- Ensuring strict compliance with GMP standards during product manufacturing.
- To carry out Cost reduction activities like solvent reduction, recycling, yield improvement, process efficiency.
- Providing continuous engineering support on existing products to improve margins, performance and quality.
- Plant Expansion & Enhancement/ Installation & Commissioning
- Planning, scheduling and implementing for operation & maintenance of utility equipment as well as all the machinery of the production facility
- Carrying out inspection tests for determining the effectiveness of equipment and enhancing the scalability of plant.
- Assess industry trends, technology advancements, and contract site footprint.
- Manage new projects- assignments and meeting the time lines to achieve budget production.
- Oversee supply and demand planning and execution in coordination with CFT.
- Communication/relationship with the contract site (if any) as well as cross functional teams and management
- Facilitate and manage technology transfer and manufacturing support
- Successful validation of new process of product for DMF filing
- Ensure that adequate resources are provided for efficient running of the plant and Monitoring efficiency on a regular basis and control excess consumption
- To initiate training for personnel as per training needs.
- To monitor performance of the personnel and to conduct effective Performance Reviews every three months.
- Maintaining and updating regular MIS reports for the purpose of reviews and utilization of information for further necessary action & reference.
- Production should be as per Quality & Standard Yield.
- Training to new entrants & Plant personnel about product, manufacturing process, plant and personnel safety.
- Responsible for plant admin, planning and facility management.
- Ensuring smooth running of project and proper coordination with the concern team.
- Responsible for Quality department reporting and proper coordination with the team.
- To Ensure that facility is always ready timely for all internal and external (cGMP audit).
- To ensure compliance of EHS, all legal rules & regulations or all Manufacturing Units
- Interface with the statutory bodies and ensure statutory compliance.
- Coordinating internal/ external audits and maintaining relevant documents
- Responsible for all plant Liasoning work i.e. Factory Act, labor Act.
Qualifications: B. Tech ( Chemistry)/ M.Sc. ( Chemistry) with MBA from reputed institute ( Preferred)
- 15-20 years of experience Plant Handling, Production planning, Manpower planning, Quality Control and Plant Operations.
- Plant operation/ Manufacturing heading role required
Other specifications (skills/behavioral competencies)
- Good knowledge of Production of API/ Intermediates
- Leadership Skills
- Team Player & Result oriented
- Coaching and Motivational ability
- Decision making
- Flexible and adaptable and who can work under pressure
- Excellent communication and analytical skill
- Persistence and passionate