Manager - Resourcing at Gateway Solutions
Views:605 Applications:129 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:34
Head - Product Management - API/Excipients (15-20 yrs)
- 15+ years experience with a blend of market intelligence and product management, including product life cycle
- Experience in APIs / Excipients / Specialty Chemicals is MANDATORY
Role & Responsibilities :
Stakeholder Management - Product Launch Lifecycle :
- Works closely with Cross Functional Team (Operations, R&D, Quality & Regulatory Affairs, and Sales etc.) for screening and filtration of the new idea.
- For the shortlisted and prioritized NPO idea, conducts a detailed scoping considering the specifications required, potential market size and prepares an estimated business case and ROI for obtaining the management approval. Works closely with Sales team to prepare the business case for each product
- Manage the project during the pre-launch phase to - Tech Transfer Team and Marketing Team. Tech Transfer team to attain commercial production readiness and market seeding for final validation of product before the launch. Works closely with marketing team to prepare for the launch and devise promotional plan including the budget and the timelines
- Serves as a single point responsibility till commercial success of new product
New Product Ideation :
- Gathers inputs and conducts extensive research to assess feasibility of investing in launching a new product. Collects the basic data - customer details, purpose of the product, basic specifications, business potential, customer expectations & commitment
- Analyses and interprets customer feedback data as well as results from ongoing tests in order to identify product features with scope of improvement
- Checks viability & fitment of all new product ideas at high level from key perspectives and filter ones that require detailed assessment on priority
- Engages in continuous research and keeps abreast with market trends in order to define areas of continuous improvement and shares the ideas with the larger team for brainstorming. Active field work across target markets along with Sales/R&D team
- Ideate / Innovate to enlarge the market size
Key Skills required :
- Demonstrated skill in action - Experience of Business development (new markets, new products) unlike a Sales role of managing the existing accounts
- Technical Sales (This involves understanding the technology/product, ability to handle external sales and other external stakeholders, Technical aptitude (go getter))
- Proactively stretch and take the ownership throughout the process. This includes any support/addressing any challenges with respect to Purchase/Packaging/Q&RA (certifications) etc.
- Preferred to have a global experience in developed countries.
- Willingness to travel (30% international travel + 15-20% travel within India (customers/plant locations)