Consultant at Talhive
Views:159 Applications:37 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:15
Head - Product - AgriTech Startup (10-25 yrs)
Our World Needs Your Help!
About 800mn people went to bed hungry today. Approximately, 700mn people fell ill this year because of eating tainted food. And about 2bn people suffer from micronutrient deficiency. This is a world of 7.8bn people. By 2050, there will be 10bn of us! We radically need to transform our food production system - grow more & grow better without costing our planet! We do just that.
We are a path-breaking Plant Research Science & Frontier Digital Agri-Tech Company on a mission to Build a Better World - for People, For the Planet! It aims to do so by improving farmer profitability, environmental sustainability, soil health & Consumer Health.
We are currently looking for a Head Of Product Management. In this role you will:
- Own the strategy and roadmap for the organization
- Manage all aspects of a successful software or technology product throughout its lifecycle, including product strategy development, customer insights/needs, and requirements definition.
- Partner with the other business leaders to define and drive substantial parts of the customer & seller experience.
- Defines the product acceptance testing criteria, ensures that they are met; plan for and ensures that product (and features) are appropriately used by operations and BD team; Promptly resolves issues faced during operationalization by working with different stakeholders
- Act as a trusted advisor, coach and guide for the team
- Mentor and grow a talented team of product managers to sharpen their craft and deepen their impact.
- Set clear goals, manage project loads, and ensure high-quality deliverables. Someone who empowers growth and supports product decisions across all teams.
- Champion the consumer. Obsess over the consumer. Empathize with the consumer.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Design, scientists, marketing, and engineering to develop and evolve product philosophy, strategy and roadmap.
- Willing to take risks and push product boundaries - and has a clear POV that can articulate a concept and hold their opinion, while balancing feedback to get to yes/no quickly.
What we are looking for:
- 10+ years of experience in product management, managing high-performing teams and working collaboratively across engineering, design, business and user research teams.
- Experience working on end-user facing products and experiences.
- Passion to be the champion of product philosophy with visibility across our entire organization
- Strong leadership track record with experience across the entire product lifecycle managing multiple concurrent projects and budgets.
- Excellent consultative and interpersonal skills
- Ability to champion continuous change and consult with versatility
- Passion to work in entrepreneurial set-ups, creating/managing a business, comfortable in dealing with ambiguity and working in a constantly evolving business environment
- A desire to work in the impact space, with a passion to make the world a "better" place.
Why would you love this role?
- Opportunity to work with the best strategic and research minds across the world
- Be an architect with a strong business outcome focus. Collaboration across the board - with diverse teams through ideation, formulation and deployment
- Immense opportunities for growth
- Be a part of the team that is focused on creating a strong impact and making this world a "better" place.