Head - Procurement - Manufacturing/Steel/Automotive (10-15 yrs)
Head - Procurement
Industry : Manufacturing
Category : Operations
Skills : Strategic procurement, steel procurement, direct sourcing, steel sourcing, steel purchase, strategic sourcing
Job Type : Permanent
Job Description :
- Leadership role to head Raw Material Sourcing.
- Part of the strategic team of one of the largest Indian alloy steel manufacturing organization.
Client Details : Successfully implemented requirements of ISO 9001:2000 and accredited by IRQS for the quality standards, the company is into manufacturing of alloy steel of special profile. The company sell its products to Defence, India Railways, Automotive industries.
Job Description :
- The company seeks an experienced supply chain specialist with the experience, skills, aptitude and drive to develop and drive efficiencies in a raw materials supply network that provides sustainable competitive advantage for the company.
- You'll be working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment across multiple functions in the company where technical and business acumen along and collaborative problem-solving abilities are prerequisites for success.
- Develop a qualified sourcing network for company's raw materials (steel) that meets the needs of our end customers and results in smart and capital-efficient scaling of the business.
- Negotiate and manage strategic contracts for raw materials suppliers.
- Ensure continued availability of our raw materials to meet long-term requirements.
- Create a culture of teamwork, collaboration, confidence and trust across all corporate functions that intersect with the supply chain organization to meet shared objectives.
Key Deliverables/ Outcomes :
- Deep knowledge of supply chain best practices and solid experience in applying them to creating and optimizing supply chain networks.
- Demonstrated ability to apply business and marketplace knowledge and insight to guide actions within the supply chain organization.
- Excellent negotiation and supplier performance management skills.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships inside the company and with supplier partners.
- Hands-on approach to solving problems by relying on an appropriate balance of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgement.
- The client is looking for someone with at least 10-15 years' experience along with an MBA. Previous experience of having handled strategic sourcing in either steel or automotive industry. .
- The role involves managing a significantly large staff span and hence strong people management and cross functional leadership experience is a must.
Job Offer :
- Opportunity to be a part of a meritocratic environment with strong level of independence to drive the company forward besides working with the board on key strategic initiatives.
- Page Group India is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Contact - Nishita Shah - +91 (0) 22 4236 3358
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.