Vice President at Cucumber Consultants
Views:2080 Applications:199 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:21
Head - Procurement - Engineering Firm (12-17 yrs)
Our client is a 50 years old profit making organisation of repute. This professionally run organisation is looking for an engineering procurement head.
An engineering graduate with 12 to 17 years of experience in an engineering organisation.
The JD is as follows :
- Analyze all suppliers in order to select the most suitable suppliers who are able to deliver high quality products at competitive pricing.
- Negotiate with suppliers on lead-time, cost and quality so as to obtain the maximum benefit for the company.
- Manage suppliers to meet objectives related to cost, delivery performance, schedule and quality.
- Develop purchasing or sourcing strategies based on portfolio analyses and supplier preferencing study.
- Define and maintain documented category and supplier strategies using market and competitive data.
- Liaise with suppliers on delivery schedule so as to ensure on-time deliveries of final product.
- Develop, implement and drive the procurement strategies in order to meet cost savings targets.
- Review and manage the supplier base to ensure consistency with the sourcing strategy.
- Perform regular performance review with suppliers to drive continuous improvements.
- Create monthly performance reviews and reports focusing on overall sourcing requirements.
- Ensure commercial, legal and contractual compliances in all the procurement transactions.
- Adopt appropriate supplier management methodologies and procurement strategies in purchasing to secure better prices.
- Train team on effective procurement processes and strategy.
- Coordinate with vendor on continuous quality improvement.
Exp : 12 to 15 years
Interested candidate can call on Krishnan at 8309618146 or Rekha at 8309624517