Head - Procurement - Automobile Industry (15-20 yrs)
- Create and Implement best practice procurement vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance
- Work with R&D team and develop a strategic sourcing plan for new products
- Vendor identification, selection and long term relationship development to ensure timely and quality supplies at industry best cost levels and best commercial terms
- Zero based costing experience
- Proficiency in demand planning, demand fulfilment and inventory management
- Expertise in Strategic Sourcing, Purchase, Vendor development, commercial negotiations, Imports, Logistics
- Experience in Cost Saving initiatives - VAVE, alternate sourcing, e bidding, cost benefit analysis, make or buy strategy, material cost analysis
- Vendor evaluation and ratings
- Supplier Quality execution as per benchmarks
- Experience in Part development process - APQP, RFQ, Cost estimation, Price finalization, Tool development, PPAP completion and volume ramp up for mass production.
- Working with R&D team involving suppliers in the early stages of Design for ensuring DFM.
- Negotiation and price finalization with vendors, share of business working based on QCD.
- Set up a complete purchase department with team recruitment and installation and subsequently lead the team towards operational success exhibiting high level of leadership and team management skills
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.