Senior Human Resource Analyst at Vitasta Consulting Pvt. Ltd.
Views:2219 Applications:370 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Head - Procurement (10-18 yrs)
Build & manage both Capex & Opex supplier partner network, focused on not just price negotiations but equally important expand the scope of contracting to deliver on business KPI / SLA and to protect the business from known & unknown risks given that many elements of buying are new in this category e.g. LNG & EV trucks.
Strategy and Development-
- Overall responsibility for Purchasing and Cost Estimating activities across the business
- Create and implement best practice purchasing vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance
- Ensure that purchasing strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets, which enables the company to function and compete effectively in the market to include: Terms and conditions, supplier selection/de-selection, evaluation and rationalization of supply chain solutions including vendor managed inventory, supplier consignments and safety stock
- Contribute to overall business strategy and annual budget process
- Take ownership of the purchasing policy, guidelines and any associated documents
- Initiate and develop creative and innovative procurement processes (eProcurement)
General and Task Management-
- Responsible for managing relationships and negotiating with key suppliers at a senior and strategic level
- Negotiate contract terms with key suppliers to ensure value for money, quality standards and delivery terms with technical and operational input from stakeholders if appropriate
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers
- Develop an overall vendor base which creates and sustains a competitive advantage utilizing global market exploitation, leveraging spends and leveraging technologies
- Develop, implement and maintain a supplier relationship and evaluation process to measure effective supplier performance and compliance
- Ensure professional and consistent supplier management is applied across the supply base in line with the purchasing policy
Financial Budget and Control-
- Input and hold responsibility for Purchasing and cost estimating budgets
- Prepare the annual Purchasing budget and forecasts and all Capital Expenditure proposals as well as ensuring compliance with customer and legal requirements. Manage the budget from identification to completion of projects
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance
- Work collaboratively, negotiate and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with the purchasing strategy
- Communicate with stakeholders the impact of market change and potential effects on supply. Recommend solutions without compromising quality or service while optimizing cost
Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to engage, negotiate and manage key stakeholders and suppliers
- Strong and confident negotiator with the ability to negotiate at all levels
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities
- Results orientated with ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
- Commercially and financially astute with experience of managing budgets
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
- Minimum 10-15 years of experience preferably from an logistics background.
- Any Engineering degree or equivalent degree or MBA in Procurement and Supply Chain Management preferred.
- Proven contract management and supplier experience
- Knowledge and technical understanding of automotive processes and components and supply chain management
- Knowledge of Procurement ERP modules.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.