Partner at Talencia Consulting LLP
Views:1628 Applications:341 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:43
Head - Private Equity - Bank (8-20 yrs)
Organisation: 100% subsidiary of one of the largest banks in Mauritius
Role: Vice President (Head) - Private Equity
- Support the origination, development, due diligence, approval and implementation of commercially-oriented private equity investment opportunities (both fund and direct co-investments originated by investee funds) that support our client's development objectives for the private sector and overall goal.
- The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of closing successful transactions including private equity funds and/or direct equity investments in developing markets, typically as a banker or developer.
Project Development and Processing
- Conduct industry and market research of investment opportunities in Mauritius and African region that align with our client's PE investment strategy
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with fund managers in the region in order to position our client for investment
- Analyze potential fund investment opportunities, including evaluating the fund manager's track record, investment strategy, value-add, and investment team
- Draft and present internal proposals for approval by our client's Investment Committee and Board
- Negotiate, structure and complete fund documentation
- Support fund raising activities for the fund
- Serve on Advisory Boards of portfolio entities, as required
- Attend annual investor meetings for underlying funds
- Identify and execute co-investment transactions that support our client's mission, strategies and policies
- Work closely with the portfolio monitoring unit in implementing effective fund monitoring and administration. Ensure compliance with investment strategy, covenants, environmental and social safeguard requirements, and recommend corrective actions as necessary. Actively monitor fund financial performance and actions, including divestitures
- Undertake the implementation and the hand-over of administration of private equity funds and direct equity investments, ensuring compliance with required guidelines, policies and procedures as well as agreed covenants and reporting requirements up to financing effectiveness.
- Facilitate or lead active relationships with commercial lenders and other financial partners in the region and beyond as well as with developers, investors and governments.
- Assess and structure transactions to maximize the potential for commercial co-financing and catalyzing of additional sources of capital.
Economic, Sector and Thematic Work
- Draft, review and provide comments on project, policy and other papers related to private sector development and operations issues in various themes and sectors
- Participate in and contribute to relevant internal and external sessions, training and conferences and other activities for advocacy, dissemination and knowledge building
- Maintain and share knowledge of international best market practices and global and regional trends in the targeted sectors
Strategy and Planning
- Work with division team to help achieve our client 's PE fund business goals and objectives
- Take the role of team leader and supervise the work of team members in executing deals
- Supervise the performance of reporting staff, providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance
- Ensure the on-going learning and development of reporting staff
- At least 8 years of relevant professional experience in investment banking, private equity, or management consulting. Direct investing experience with a private equity fund, fund of funds, institutional investor, sovereign wealth fund, or similar entity, with a focus on equity and quasi-equity investments preferred
- Strong practical experience in structuring, negotiating and monitoring fund investments and direct co-investment transactions, preferably in a fund of funds context
- Strong understanding of and experienced in building financial models for valuations and financial returns analysis
- Highly motivated and strong work ethic
- Proactive self-starter, with proven ability to initiate (including being resourceful in identifying fund managers) and bring deals to completion
- Sound business judgment, problem solving and commercial instincts
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills with demonstrated ability to work efficiently and meet tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with large, culturally diverse teams at all levels
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required, including a demonstrated ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidently with good presentation skills in one-on-one settings or to larger groups (inside and outside of our client )