Team Leader - Sourcing at ACH Management Consultant Pvt Ltd
Views:2871 Applications:185 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:31
Head - Plant Operations - Steel/Tyre/Chemical/Mining & Metals (20-25 yrs)
Major requirement - work experience in a complex/ heavy manufacturing environment
Job Description :
- The Plant Director drives the success of organisation through operational guidance of our plant strategy to meet customer needs and achieve standards.
- The Plant Director leads overall plant objectives by setting production performance standards and aligning the organization to achieve those standards. Responsibilities include cost efficiency, continuous improvement on processes, service, and safety for supply chain departments.
- You are responsible for leading multiple shifts of the plant's employees and developing a team of front line, supervisor, and manager employees. Additionally this role is responsible for developing, implementing and executing the premier service to sales standard.
Major Tasks, Accountabilities and Key Responsibilities :
- Applies knowledge of processes, equipment and system capability to set challenging individual and facility standards
- Develops Annual Operating Plan for the plant while handling direct and indirect controllable costs to meet overall cost index target
- Coaches supervisors and managers to achieve performance standards with regards to safety, line utilization and quality
- Responsible for overall plant profit and loss (P&L) for production, maintenance, quality control and warehouse
- Leads overall responsibility for food safety and adherence to quality compliance mandates along with ensuring compliance with all health and safety regulations
- Tracks key performance indicators/costs, anticipating and correcting trends which would compromise achievement of financial targets
- Owns the scheduling process for receiving and delivering raw materials and finished products in a timely manner
- Handles the inventory process, ensuring optimal levels of full goods are maintained in order to fulfill daily sales needs
- Leads and assures facility equipment reliability to minimize downtime
- Builds people capability through effective employee relations, hiring, training, and communication for both management and front-line hourly personnel
- Solves day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals
- Delivers effective change leadership by driving business changes while minimizing people impact
- Bachelor's/PG degree or equivalent experience required. Preferably in engineering, business, operations management, or similar field
- Lean Six Sigma experience preferred along with proven by successful completion of a major improvement project.
- Minimum of ten years of prior work experience in a complex/ heavy manufacturing environment
- Experience in the Steel/Tyre/Chemical/Cement industry preferred
- Demonstrated ability to function successfully in a dynamic, changing work environment
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to get results through mentoring skills
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team building skills
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.