Assistant Manager - Talent Acquisition at Green Bridge Consulting LLP
Views:1293 Applications:378 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:12
Head - Plant Operations/Operations - Manufacturing (13-20 yrs)
JOB DESCRIPTION :
JOB TITLE : Head of Plant Operations / Operations Head
BUSINESS UNIT/FUNCTION : Operations/ Manufacturing
LOCATION : Manesar
OBJECTIVES/PURPOSE OF JOB : To ensure seamless operations of the manufacturing unit, working at ground zero and taking care of production planning, quality control. People management and promoting good manufacturing practices.
KEY ACTIVITIES/RESPONSIBILITIES :
1. Oversees daily activities of plant operations
2. Develops and Manages Production Schedules to meet internal volume, cost and quality goals.
3. Being a Plant Operations Head, analyzes production metrics and makes recommendations for improvements and solutions to issues that are identified.
4. Oversee staffing and development of all production supervisors and staff.
5. Ensure Safe Operations and adherence to the regulatory requirements
6. Ensure that the set productions milestones are met and adhering to the approved budgets.
7. Develop processes that will maximize stewardship, safety, quality and productivity
SUPERVISE DIRECT REPORTS : Yes
SCOPE OF POSITION :
1. Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers expectations
2. Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards
3. Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping
4. Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
5. Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus
6. Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions
7. Share a trusting relationship with work group and recruit, manage and develop plant staff
8. Collect and analyze data to find places of waste or overtime
9. Commit to plant safety procedures
10. Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets
11. Address employees- issues or grievances and administer collective bargaining agreements
12. Influence and learn from below
13. Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts
14. Ensuring best Maintenance practices and Affordable Automation.
15. End goal is to ensure Zero Defect Quality, industry leading Cost Competitiveness and a culture of Continuous Improvement on the shop floor.
- B. Tech (Mechanical) from a reputed college/ university
- Familiarity with the concepts of lean / six sigma methodologies
- Excellent understanding of the Production Planning, Scheduling, Quality Control and Quality Standards Concepts
- 13- 20 years of prior experience in a similar role
- Preferably in the automotive sector and responsible to run fully automated units.
- Other Factors A Go-Getter person with high level of energy, commitment
- Proven work experience as a Plant Manager / Plant Head / Operations Head
- Proven managerial experience
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
- Computer literacy
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills