Founder at Coeusmulti Services Pvt Ltd
Views:273 Applications:66 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Head - Plant Maintenance - Steel Manufacturing Industry (10-20 yrs)
Head Plant Maintenance (PM)
Responsible for overseeing the appropriate scheduling and execution of all plant maintenance activities to ensure that all production units operate at maximum efficiency without compromising equipment health.
1. Define the goals and objectives of the Plant Maintenance department in line with the overall objectives of the organization and accordingly create periodic plant maintenance schedules for all production units.
2. Oversee and validate the execution of scheduled and unscheduled plant maintenance activities and close the maintenance requests as validated by production teams.
3. Ensure all plant maintenance and operational activities are performed with focus on adherence to regulatory and departmental safety compliances. Instruct all maintenance crew to practice safe work conditions during all maintenance work.
4. Review the PM compliance & conveyer audit report and provide relevant feedback and action items to the departmental heads. Validate the closure of all audits related activities and reporting.
5. Assist relevant stakeholders with conducting root cause analysis (RCA) of deviances and discrepancies found during maintenance activities. Validate the appropriate implementation of action items derived from the RCA.
General Management and Documentation:
1. Oversee the listing of all existing equipment and machinery in all production units and documentation of the same.
2. Define criticality of equipment based on Risk Priority Number (RPN) and assign Preventive Maintenance Frequency also taking equipment age and condition into account.
3. Validate the addition or removal of any equipment across the plant and update the equipment list accordingly. Develop PM checklists for newly added equipment.
4. Oversee the preparation and execution of shutdown job list for all production units.
5. Provide essential technical training to the Plant maintenance team for skill development and improvement.
6. Ensure all documentation is updated and maintained as per departmental SOPs & standards.
Cost Control and Reduction:
1. Manage and monitor the plant maintenance budget and report all maintenance related costs.
2. Monitor all maintenance activities performed during unit shutdown and closely observe equipment health and criticality to identify avenues for cost optimization.
3. Work closely with the production operations and maintenance teams to analyze the equipment breakdown data and generate key figures such as MTBF (mean time between failures) and MTTR (mean time to recovery) to better control and plan future maintenance actions.
Desired Qualifications : Bachelor's degree in mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation, Production Engineering, or related field, Master's preferred.
Desired Experience :
- 10+ years of experience in a similar role
- 3+ years of leadership experience.
Functional Skills :
- Excellent project management skills, with experience in leading the planning and execution of company-wide maintenance activities.
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety regulations and standards.
- Experience in the steel manufacturing industry would be an added advantage.
Behavioral Competencies :
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to identify and resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with other departments, stakeholders, and external partners.
- Plant Operations Team
- Operations Excellence Team
- Basic Details
- Position Title/ Role Head - Plant Maintenance (PM)
- Department Technical Services/PM
- Reporting To AVP - Technical Services
Designation AGM - GM
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.