Managing Partner at Professional Consultants
Views:2281 Applications:57 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Head - Plant & Machinery - Construction Industry (18-22 yrs)
Qualification : Graduation in Mechanical Eng is Must
Yrs of Exp : 18-20 Yrs Experience in Construction industry preferably in Contracting companies like Tata Projects, Shapoorji, L&T-ECC, Simplex, Etc.
Should have been exposed to Strategic Decision Making.
Job Profile for Head P&M:
Purpose of the Job (Why does the job exist) :
- Handle P&M function effectively for all India sites to ensure 100% availability & uptime of P&M.
- To explore & implement latest technology for better services & cost control
- To contribute in increasing bottom line by better utilization P&M assets
Duties/Responsibilities/Activities (Basically the various tasks one needs to perform)
- To ensure adherence to the budget for all capital purchases.
- To aid in preparation of monthly equipment procurement & allocation plans in co-ordination with the Project heads and Business Group heads.
- To oversee the requirement for specialized machinery for any of the business groups
- To ensure effective utilization of all plants.
- To ensure regular & timely maintenance of plants
- To ensure updation of Plant transfers with respect to - Plant codification, Record of site plant Inventory, Details of equipment dispatched to sites, New purchase requirements and related discrepancies, External plant hiring
- To coordinate with the project site in order to identify the plant requirements. To monitor the plant scrap management system and scrap disposal at all Project sites & Workshops
- To communicate and coordinate with the Site.Manager and workshop manager for identifying availability of equipments for fulfilling project site requirements, identify gaps and allocate equipment accordingly.
- To ensure that no equipment is lying idle at any project site & workshop at any time.
- To facilitate the relocation of machinery and equipment from one project site to another depending upon the requirement at the project site.
- To procure machinery as per requirement for the project site in case of non-availability equipment from existing inventory.
- To regularly review inventory statements for critical and key spare parts and equipments.
- To review the status of obsolete and surplus equipment.
- To ensure a quarterly reconciliation of physical inventory of equipment with the database records.
- To regularly identify new vendors for the organization for procurement of equipment.
- To negotiate raw material cost with existing / new vendors on a yearly basis to ensure cost optimization for the organization.
- To maintain good working relationships with all the vendors to ensure adherence to timelines and quality,monitor performance and quality of the vendors
- Bill and Work orders Verification for hiring prior to payment
- Maintenance of proper information and documentation including warranties, RTO related documents for company owned P & M
- To define transportation routes to be used for delivery of various materials / equipment.
- To coordinate with the transportation team for ensuring timely delivery at the site.
- To define innovative and new strategies for reducing delivery turnaround times while ensuring plant/equipment safety.
- Coach and develop the team
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.