Head - Plant HR - Paper Manufacturing Firm (10-18 yrs)
Work with a global manufacturing company that caters not just domestic but international clients, and grab an exciting opportunity to create high business impact, driving business value for the organisation.
Our client is a paper manufacturing firm with its HO in Gurgaon. Established 4 decades and produces paper & paper products. Its distribution network of 100+ dealers has a reach not only over the length and breadth of India but across the globe with a focus on demand markets and exporting their products to the SAARC countries, Africa and the Middle East. It is the largest paper mill production house of its kind and is among the top ten in paper production in India. It believes that the workspace plays a very major role in the productivity of an employee therefore the campus has a unique state-of- the- art infrastructure well equipped with the latest technology and sprawling over 100 acres.
As a Plant HR Head, you will oversee, provide direction and regularly monitor the HR, IR, CSR and Medical and Health activities for the employees of the organisation.
What you will do:
- Supporting the top leadership in developing an HR IR Strategy in alignment with the overall organization Vision and Business Plan
- Identifying and planning the key requirements in terms of HR systems & processes, Policies, activities to be conducted within a timeframe and required resources to implement the HR IRStrategy
- Creating an action plan to focus on key aspects of plant HR- employee engagement, training and development, health and safety including Medical services and working culture
- Cascading all action plans to the concerned department and individuals
- Ensuring adherence to approved manpower plan for recruitment
- Driving proper systems to ensure that right talent is inducted into the organization
- Overseeing & ensuring timely completion of Performance Appraisal and ensuring timely payout of monthly salaries and wages.
- Driving engagement initiatives for employees and their families as per plan and monitoring grievance redressal
Training & Development
- Building robust induction programs ensuring that the new joiners are fully aware of the company and their work
- Guiding the team in creation of the training calendar and ensuring implementation of the same
- Reviewing and refreshing the training strategy based on feedback and change in performance
IR & Statutory Compliance
- Providing direction and guidance to the In-charge of Industrial Relations to maintain harmonious & productive working environment
- Monitoring status of Statutory compliance at regular frequency
- Taking part and presenting management perspective in the discussions at various forums on matter pertaining to labor disputes
- Taking part in negotiations, settlements etc. as per requirement and also Coordinating with unions (local & central), Politicians, local bodies like district administration, labor directorate and factory directorate.
- Advising and Supporting the CSR team to identify and plan key activities in areas of organization priority (like Healthcare, Education, Community Services Water, Electricity etc.)
- Reviewing progress on CSR activities and analyzing strategic importance of the activities
- Strengthening Brand identity of the organisation at the local level through such initiatives.
- Building strong professional relationship with key external stakeholders and Government authorities.
- Interacting with the Heads of Department to understand their key requirements and impact of HR initiatives.
Change and risk management
- Analyzing key HR processes and incorporate suitable & relevant leading industry practices.
- Analyzing key risks to the organization with reference to legal, local community, industrial environment, safety & security and other areas
- Implementing systems for contingency management.
- Ensuring regular skill development of the HR, IR and CSR team
- Ensuring improvement in internal communication to build an environment of transparency and employee engagement
- Taking active interest in building a culture of harmony amongst the departments and employees.
What you need to have:
- Post Graduate degree in Human Resource & Personnel Management
- Plant Experience of minimum 6 - 10 years
- Thorough knowledge of labor laws and statutory requirements
- Good networking and management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective inter personal and presentation skills
- Ability to think strategically and translate concepts into actionable items
- Proven ability to influence decision making
- Deep passion for people and a strong instinct for managing and developing talent
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.