CEO at Options India Group
Views:1267 Applications:117 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Head - Plant Engineering - FMCG (6-10 yrs)
We are currently looking to close a Head - Plant Engineering position with the topmost FMCG Conglomerate in India. The position is to be based near Patna.
Company Profile :
Our client is the topmost FMCG Groups of India and is an integrated and diversified group. With a market capitalisation of over US $ 50 billion and a turnover of US $ 10.0 billion, it is Rated among the World's Leading Companies by international publications. It has a very diversified product portfolio including Foods, Snacks, personal care, haircare, household care segments and a portfolio of strong brands and leading market shares in all product categories. It employs the best talent in India and is one of the best FMCG employers to work for.
To provide technical leadership in the areas of engineering practices, project management, statutes and EHS for the manufacturing unit and enable a conducive learning environment that stimulates creativity, innovation and continual improvement in the department / unit.
Nature of Position : Head of the Engineering Department in the Unit
Principal accountabilities and responsibilities
Lead team to:
- Ensure uninterrupted and cost-effective availability of infrastructure, equipment, utilities & spares for operations.
- Evaluate and implement sustainability technologies (in energy /water conservation, renewable energy, etc.)
- Ensure compliance with relevant statutes e.g. Factories Inspectorate, environment, electricity and boiler.
- Liaise with external environment for statutory approvals and related processes.
- Ensure identification, design and execution of engg. projects with a view to provide measurable benefit to SBU.
- Ensure timely capital expenditure planning and implementation, as well as monitoring & adherence to budgets.
- Strive to reduce fixed as well as variable costs in the operations by aligning engineering processes.
- Ensure compliance with Environment, Health & Safety norms & guidelines in operations, engineering and projects.
- Develop and leverage vendor/partner eco-system for obtaining quality service at competitive rates.
- Identify, share and drive adoption of 'Best Practices', including showcasing of experience on various forums.
- Liaise with union on departmental issues, and lead related discussions during periodic long-term settlements.
- Identify gaps in skill requirement and collaborate to develop capabilities of own as well as allied-teams
- Develop the Unit plan along with other HoDs, & ensure resources are focused, in synergy with other departments.
- All applicable statutes w.r.t. factory operations & engineering
- Contemporary manufacturing & plant engineering practices
- Principle of operation & design of infrastructure and ancillary equipment, and civil engineering
- Sustainability technologies and renewable energy technologies
- Energy management
- Project management and capital expenditure planning (mid-large sized projects)
- Budgeting and financial acumen
- Environment, Health & Safety standards
- Vendor / Contract Management
- Problem solving and analysis techniques
Education & Experience required
- Mandatory: Leading Engineering team for FMCG manufacturing setups
- Additionally, past experience in manufacturing is desirable
- Total work-ex: 6 to 10 years of relevant experience
- Qualifying education: B.E. / B. Tech (Mechanical / Electrical) from a Premier Engineering campus
- Additional qualifications in relevant areas (energy / project management/EHS, etc.)
Job Location: Factory near Patne in Bihar
Salary Range: Around Rs.45.0-50.0 Lpa (although not a limiting factor)
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.