Leadership Hiring Specialist at Randstad India Private Limited
Views:1175 Applications:62 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:16
Head - Planning - Fertilizers & Industrial Chemicals Producer Firm (20-25 yrs)
Job opportunity with one of India's leading producers of fertilizers and industrial chemicals.
Job Title : Head Planning
Business Sector: Projects
Qualification: BE in Mechanical / Chemical, with Post-graduate in Industrial Engineering
Experience: 20-25 years in chemical process industry out of which at least 12- 15 years in projects planning and capability of developing various levels of schedules
Experience in providing proposal and study support for establishing total project cost estimates is desirable.
Location: Navi Mumbai (Vashi)
Reporting to: President Projects
- To develop a detailed project schedule/implementation plan and co-ordinate for Capex / budget preparation for all projects and for projects under development.
- To plan, coordinate and monitor various activities of the approved projects, for achieving the project completed within the scheduled time period and budgeted cost. Prepare various MIS reports, highlight areas of concern and ensure timely delivery by others.
Key Accountabilities & Outcomes
1.Plan / prepare project execution strategy / philosophy
Plan / prepare project execution strategy / philosophy - Identify various options for project execution.
- Discuss & Evaluate various options considering all phases of project implementation, like project site, project resources, project schedule and project budget
- Finalize option for execution and define the project execution strategy.
- Preparation of IEM for new projects
2.Estimation of project cost
- Identify various project cost components after studying the type of project,, holding discussions with subject experts and considering the project execution strategy.
- Estimate the cost of each project cost component by obtaining budgetary offers, extrapolating available cost of similar items, carrying our internal estimates etc
- Determine the project capex considering the project-specific basis/assumptions and provide the necessary inputs as required for financial modeling.
- Revise the project capex after obtaining inputs from all stakeholders.
3.Plan & define overall project schedule
- Obtain inputs in detail for various activities related to the defined project after studying the project details, holding discussions with experts, learnings from previous projects and considering the project execution strategy.
- Prepare the project execution plan (Level - 2 / 3 / 4).as the case may be.
- Provide inputs for the preparation / development of a detailed project schedule (Level - 3 or 4) by CPM / PERT methods using tools like MS Project / Primevera. Develop GNATT charts / S-curves for project tracking/monitoring. Define the critical path and sub-critical path of the project
4. Coordinate & monitor various activities of the project / MIS preparation
- Monitor / review the progress of critical / sub-critical activities of the project.
- Highlight the areas of concern to the top management
- Discuss with team members for recovery plan, in case of delays observed for particular critical / sub-critical activity.
- Prepare the framework for critical MIS reports.
- Advise for follow-up / expediting of critical activities.
- Monitor the project cost on a regular basis and highlight critical deviations, if any.
5.Build a capable motivated team to deliver high performance
- Advise / coach the project planning team for them to stay motivated to carry out various activities.
- Establish & review performance targets, support the team in achieving the same.
- Recommend appropriate rewards/recognition.
- Creating variance reports (schedule variance and cost variance) using Earned Value Management (EVM) techniques
- Maintaining - Risk register- and preparing close out reports
- Obtaining Cost Performance Index (CPI) and Schedule Performance Index (SPI) to get early visibility into cost and schedule problems.
- Cost and revenue planning.
- Cash flow analysis
- Analysis of direct and indirect cost overruns
1. Financial Dimensions: Overall project cost/budget (Project Cost greater than Rs, 500 crores)
- Overall project schedule (Project Schedule upto / greater than 2 years)
- Financial commitment plan
2. People Dimensions:Size of the project in terms of cost, activities
Number of team members - 1 (Direct reportee)
Key Interactions with external/ stakeholders (consultants, suppliers, contractors and statutory approval agencies) - 50 plus depending on the size/type of the project