Head - Operations - Mechanical Equipment Manufacturing Firm (15-20 yrs)
This position exists with one of our esteemed clients. They are the leading manufacturer and supplier of industrial equipment's in India.
1) Oversees the day-to-day operations of the entire manufacturing process.
2) Maintains a high level for the production and delivery of products while planning, managing, and putting schedules into practise to make sure deadlines are fulfilled.
Roles & Responsibilities:-
1) Manages the growth and success of the team
2) Ensure productivity and quality of products being manufactured
3) Coordinates activities that affect operational decisions and business requirements
4) Responsible for the production, procurement, and planning of daily operations
5) Communicates with all relevant employees to ensure delivery times are met
6) Plans, schedules, and reviews workload and manpower to make sure targets are being met on a cost-effective basis
7) Manages the stock control, and checks that inventory records are accurate
8) Ensures the production team has enough time to manufacture and deliver products based on the client's request
9) Communicates any changes in the order or delivery date to relevant parties
10) Monitors production standards
11) Purchases materials and services required for production
12) Follows up on interruptions to the order
13) Organises, plans, and implements inventory activity
14) Organises, plans and implements maintenance activities
15) Organises, plans and implements capacity& efficiency enhancement projects
16) Supports new product development and introduction
17) Confirms that health and safety regulations are followed
18) Provides guidance to employees - ISO 9000, 6S, Lean Manufacturing etc.
1) Production and Planning Skills
2) Understanding of Stock Management Systems
3) Ability to Manage Time and Workload Effectively
4) Excellent Communication Skills, Both Written and Verbal
5) Leadership Skills
6) Experience in Negotiating and Working with Suppliers
7) Ability to Work.
1)15-20 Years in a mechanical equipment manufacturing company with exposure to various functions such as production, purchase, quality and planning functions.
2)Experience is fabrication of sheet metal is desirable.
3)Experience is handling workforce of 150 Plus is desirable.
BE - Mechanical / Production engineering.
MBA (operations / production management will be added advantage), Six Sigma black belt qualification is must.