Recruiter at Sapwood Ventures Pvt. Ltd.
Views:2209 Applications:213 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:151
Head - Operations - Logistics (10-12 yrs)
Position Purpose Head of Operations works to improve an organization's internal operations which helps to give superior customer service and experience to their customers. Operations functions also works towards managing cost and service very tightly. Role of Head of Operations at Logistics would be to plan, develop and execute all aspects of operations in an express / PTL transportation company. This role would involve managing owned trucking fleet as well as outsourced fleet efficiently, managing transportation hubs as well as branch network, ensuring on time billing to customers as per agreed commercial, working on initiatives towards IT Solutions to improve service levels, managing all the operational manpower and developing a strong operations team to handle business growth. Head of Operation would also work very closely with other functions such as finance, business development, IT etc.
Key Responsibilities /Tasks
- Manage the day to day hub & branch operations in terms of fleet movement and planning.
- Managing all the operations team including drivers as well as maintenance team.
- Ensuring service levels and other performance parameters.
- Ensuring collection of PODs from all India branch network & submission of the same to the customers.
- On-time customer billing.
- Managing operations cost as per budgets.
- Developing and hiring of the required operations team.
Skills & Qualifications : Operations excellence, planning, understanding of transportation business operations, leadership & people management.
Qualification - MBA in Operations Management would be preferred.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.