Senior Consultant at Emilestones
Views:298 Applications:46 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Head - Operations - Jewellery Manufacturing Unit (20-25 yrs)
Head - Operations - Manufacturing Unit
To be successful in this role, the incumbent must be able to build effective relationships and collaborate across functions to achieve key objectives, which include
1. Developing, aligning, and integrating a manufacturing strategy and action plan in line with company strategic and financial direction along with all stakeholders and/or functions, as needed.
2. Leveraging best practices from all previous experiences and current trends to accelerate the transformation of our manufacturing culture to global standards
3. Understanding and enabling the product development process, which includes integrating post-market manufacturing and process development strategies in addition to ensuring successful design transfers and product launches, consistently,
4. Having the thought process and knowledge/experience to take Manufacturing from a fulfilment function to a function that can give our business/s a competitive edge. (Through - real- cost/quality/delivery differentiation from the market)
5. Understanding the various product lines that our business/brands are involved in and developing the right teams and processes to execute the manufacturing of each of these lines.
6. Continuous upgradation/evolving of the human resources, processes and the tools/technology of our jewelry manufacturing team.
7. Creating a team and engaging all direct and indirect production support employees to meet production goals.
What kind of responsibilities will this role include?
1. Establish, plan and coordinate all activities related to manufacturing & process excellence.
2. Direct and oversee all post-market manufacturing engineering activities (line support and improvement projects).
3. Establish, plan, and control functional and investment budgets of the Production department.
4. Measure and publish the production Key Performance Indicators [KPI]'s for Manufacturing, on a regular basis, and implement stretched measures corrective actions, accordingly.
5. Actively participate in the Management team & Site Evolution strategy.
6. Drive a mastery of production processes knowledge & management through organizational capability improvement strategies.
7. Evaluate workers productivity and recommend improvements to increase manpower efficiency and versatility, on a regular basis.
8. Promote and improve the quality of the products by improving yields, eliminating escapes, and improving manufacturing processes, continuously.
9. Manage all nonconforming, technical, and/or engineering issues through the DMAIC process in collaboration with the Quality team.
10. Build a strong culture of compliance with adherence to quality system requirements in addition to corporate policies and training requirements.
11. Translate all business and technical requirements into a manufacturing improvement plans and update the strategy annually.
12. In partnership with process engineering and product development teams, seamlessly transition new products into production.
13. Ensure proactive engagement, representation, and support by Manufacturing for Development Projects to ensure future products meet operational efficiency goals.
14. Develop effective communication and positive working relationships with other departments, thus ensuring team effort in determining priorities and achieving production goals.
15. Assign resources to address assigned Internal/External Audit activities and ensuring that established timelines are met.
16. Attract, recruit, and retain best in class manufacturing talent and provide leadership, coaching, and career development.
17. Demonstrate leadership for problem resolution to facilitate a sense of urgency and ownership in improvements and working relationships.
18. Contribute as a key senior member of the Walking Tree leadership team.
19. Manage, maintain, and enforce the EHS Management System for his/her team.
20. Provide information, guideline, and supervision to protect the health and safety of his/her employees.
What sort of qualifications & experience are we seeking?
1. Sensitivity quotient towards business-customer-people
2. Resilience to keep going after the goal in spite of setbacks.
3. Keen Interest in manufacturing as a subject
4. Bachelor's degree/PG in engineering with concentration in any of the following fields; industrial, manufacturing, electrical or mechanical.
5. 20+ years of experience in jewellery manufacturing.
6. Lean manufacturing / flexible manufacturing experience.
7. Experience in design transfer from R&D, a must.
8. Demonstrated leadership skills. Ability to build and manage cross-functional teams
9. Ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.