Senior HR Consultant at Orbis Hospitality Services
Views:8318 Applications:380 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:60
Head - Operations - Estate (10-15 yrs)
- Ensure the timely presentation of management information to the Board and the Senior Leadership Team. Weekly meetings with the Director and the Senior Leadership Team plus regular reports and presentations to the Board of Governors
- Work closely with and advise the Director on key planning issues and make recommendations on strategic business decisions relating to the ORG building and its operations.
- Act as line manager for the Estates department and through the annual planning process negotiate operational and performance goals. Provide effective service and support to the ORG.
- Through the Estates and the ORG, Security Manager have oversight of the ORG's contracted out packages e.g. Security and FMS.
- Responsible for ORG's contracted out packages for Project Management System (PMS) and Security.
- Conduct regular meetings with other members of the estate team to ensure excellent coordination and clear and goal-directed results.
- Monitor performance of the Estates Team and external contractors against agreed goals and benchmark to ensure that suitable standards are achieved and that external contracts represent the best value for money.
- Mindful of the ORG's desire to maintain the quality of its services whilst achieving process and economic efficiencies keep operations under careful review and implement change for improvement where appropriate.
- Ensure activities comply with organizational requirements for quality management, legal stipulations and the ORG'S general duty of care.
- Develop a long-range facility plan and serve as an integral part of the planning team
- Project Management, supervising and coordinating work of contractors during summer vacation and other periods to meet the requirement of the Org.
- Managing and leading change to ensure minimum disruption to core services
- Using the Performance Development System to manage, monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed SLAs and to lead on improvement of manual and contracted staff.
- Monitor, control and bring down the existing cost of the Facilities related spending against budget and forecast.
- Administer procedures required to keep the Org clean, safe and secure through effective in-house/ outsourced services and preventive maintenance.
- Determine resource allocation for maintenance and operations.
- Monitor energy consumption and environmental aspects and meet the statutory requirements on the environment and pollution control.
- Maintain a positive relationship with staff, contractors and all service providers.
- Use technology and data management to improve facilities and services.
- Oversee the ancillary services - transportation and food services, which is managed by the Estates Office, crisis management, contingency plan, loss or damage to property, govt. agencies regarding zoning land use.
- Oversee the Security Manager's plan and implementation of security, traffic movements etc.
- Oversee the org provided housing, agreements, etc.
- Dealing with government departments such as the N.D.M.C and the L&DO for all the land use compliance related matter.
- Dealing with environmental compliance, fire safety compliance, electrical safety compliance, swimming pool, pollution control board, etc.
- Ensure all government regulations relating to the environment, fire safety, electrical safety and other building related regulation including labor are adhered to.
- Oversee work of all Estates Department members including soft and hard facilities, events, housing, and security.
- Demonstrates leadership and takes initiative for the development of the organization by contributing to innovation and the leadership of change.
- Acts as a role model to reinforce the culture, values, and ethos of the organization.
- Creates an environment of mutual trust, respect and collaborative learning where staff can maximize their potential.
- Develops a culture of coaching and mentoring to optimize performance.
- Communicates openly and encourages a transparent and continuous flow of information, ideas, opinions, and feedback.
Contributes to efficient and effective use of budget, human resources and time across the organization.
- Demonstrates cultural sensitivity by understanding the needs of the diverse organizational community.
- Works cooperatively and collaboratively with colleagues towards solutions that benefit all in achieving the organization's strategic goals.
- Utilizes a range of strategies to resolve conflict keeping the best interests of the organization in mind.