Consultant at Michael Page
Views:3181 Applications:236 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:79
Head - Operations - Consumer Goods Manufacturing (18-25 yrs)
Our client is a pioneer organization in Print and Publishing business globally. They are the industry leaders in the segment and they are currently looking for an operations head to manage their operations spread across the country
Reporting into the leadership directly and managing a direct team size of 12-14 head of departments, you will be responsible for:
- Complete accountability and ownership of manufacturing within cost and desired quality as per timelines and driving key performance indicators across all areas to ensure that all projects are delivered on cost and on time to the highest quality standards.
- Evaluating, negotiating rates, onboarding, supervising and monitoring external vendors and contract manufacturers as required.
- Overseeing development of production planning and scheduling, including manufacturing at owned plant vs. outsourced/ contract manufacturing facilities
- Preparing the annual Manufacturing budget and forecasts and all Capital Expenditure proposals including machinery procurement
- Optimizing operating working capital usage and minimize wastage by efficient management. Leading, developing and implementing variable cost productivity programs across all areas of responsibility
- Managing and supporting new product development by active involvement in scheduling, budgeting and resourcing
- Developing and implement QA/QC standards with monitoring and review mechanisms and ensuring QA as per client standard and developing QA process for manufacturing activity and material inspection also ensuring QC during manufacturing
- Operating a process for safe selection of external contractors and ensuring all external maintenance contracts are regularly reviewed to ensure best value and also negotiating on procurement contracts for raw material and consumable products when required.
- Developing and leading maintenance department for preventive and predictive maintenance and driving improvements in reliability for key aspects of machinery by completing reliability studies and identifying best planned maintenance strategy
- Ensuring Health, Safety and Environmental issues are prioritised and facilitated, quality standards and procedures are adhered to
- Developing the appropriate organisational structure, resource plans and culture to support the business objectives and also completing regular performance reviews, manage attendance, holidays, disciplinary issues and procedures as appropriate
- Being a Part of the management team or board which determines all business decisions; contribute to overall business strategy and annual budget process
- Recommending technology and innovation to drive cost competitiveness and innovation of products for the company
Ideally you are a Graduate and a MBA with 18+ years of experience in handling SEASONAL Manufacturing setups where mobilizing the staff has been a key factor. You should have managed atleast 600 crores worth of operations and preferably multiple plants operations. You should be an experienced people manager, a motivator, an influencer and a go getter. You should be very well versed with Lean and Kaizen methodologies. You should have excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills. You should have an excellent track record in your earlier professional stint and should be ready for the next challenging assignment in a fast paced environment.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.