Head - Operations - Agri Business (10-15 yrs)
As the Head of Operations, you will oversee all strategic aspects of program across Madhya Pradesh. Your goal is to ensure all programs are successfully delivered and add value to the program and its stakeholders. In this role, you will manage a teamof5 to make sure there is synergy and continuity to the landscape's efforts.
You will engage with a wide audience across different formats to strengthen partnerships with stakeholders at the local and state level.
Key Responsibilities :
- Contributes to the strategic direction including scaling strategy across Madhya Pradesh.
- Reports to board and then to the determined governance of the program.
- Responsible for the preparation and delivery of the Annual Strategic and Operational Plans.
- Responsible for operationalizing the landscape engagements: staff, managing funds, communications, organization of meetings & consultations, managing implementation partners
- Will lead engaging new stakeholders based on the mapping process as well as look at the strategic interests of existing and engaged stakeholders in MP.
- Will be responsible for operationalizing the Public Private Platform: engaging and mobilizing participation with key stakeholders locally, overseeing communications, developing the agenda for meetings, identifying partnership opportunities.
- Will manage the facilitation of funding agreements with implementation partners by performing the background due diligence, and outlining of scope of work, roles, expected financial and M&E reporting.
- Represent us with external stakeholders and at conferences and events.
What you bring :
- Have experience of at least 12-20 years of relevant experience, at the executive level
- Master's Degree or equivalent from Agriculture, social sciences and allied fields
- Knowledge and understanding of the key sustainability challenges in the state of Madhya Pradesh and/or in similar agricultural commodities and best practices to address them
- Entrepreneurial, and experienced in managing a small team and/or small business
- Ability to perform executive functions of financial control and management
- Professional level of English language speaking and writing skills, fluency in Hindi
- High level of expertise with Microsoft word, excel, power point, outlook
- Willing to travel frequently within the country (in accordance with government travel regulations)
- Willing to work under pressure and do multi-tasking
Other preferred qualities :
- Strong networks in agri food companies and/or government