Director at Executive Search Firm
Views:363 Applications:48 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:8
Head - Operational Technology - Automation/Manufacturing Firm (20-22 yrs)
- The Operational Technology (OT) Head is a leadership role that requires an individual with a strong technical background, as well as the ability to work within the Engineering Organization, and closely aligning with Automation / Manufacturing Executions / Operations teams etc, to align to business priorities.
- The OT Head is responsible for the design, implementation, operations, monitoring and support of the company's OT environment consisting of Industrial networks, systems / hardware, applications etc. across all our manufacturing plants.
- This position is also responsible for developing OT standards, planning, justifying, and leading projects based on those standards, and coordinating and managing compliance activities as driven by those standards.
- Provide technical leadership and direct support in the execution and delivery of the OT elements of large Capital projects, as well as in the operational Manufacturing facilities of the company.
- Design, specify, build, commission and validate the Industrial data center hardware infrastructure, network and core configurations.
- Ensure the recoverability of OT network systems in the event of disaster or discontinuation of technical services.
- Coordinate and supervise activities, and leads the OT team to meet core business goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with peer management in Engineering / Automation / Manufacturing Operations across the company.
- Ensure continued compliance through regular reviews of the OT teams.
- Assumes ownership of all OT controls.
- Manage vendors and contract relationships pertaining to the OT set up across the company,
ensuring the company receives maximum benefit and value.
- Implement OT Security awareness training and knowledge sharing.
- Participate in departmental leadership activities. This includes hiring, training, staff development, performance management and annual performance reviews for the OT Team.
- Effectively communicate with Engineering / Automation teams, Vendors and executive C-level customers.
Experience-General : Overall experience of around 20 years in Industrial environments, out of which around 10 years in Large Manufacturing / Automobile / Process industries, handling OT Networks, Systems, Hardware & Other infrastructure related to Plant Engineering / Automation / MES / Industrial Systems.
- Sound Knowledge of Converged Plantwide Ethernet (CPwE) Design and Implementation
- Should be familiar with Industrial Control Systems (ICS), as well as Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES).
- Working experience in capital projects execution and coordination related to OT architecture planning, Security, Proposal and Vendor finalisation and implementation in an industrial environment
- Experience with OT Network Architecture design, implementation, monitoring and maintenance in manufacturing environments.
- Provide design support for upcoming & ongoing projects for OE data interface with other systems (Upstream and Downstream)
- Experience in handling Physical & Virtual machines, Firewalls, Secure Remote access solutions, Network devices etc.
- Experience with Industrial data centre design, setup and maintenance.
- Experience with Industrial security & operational standards such as IEC-62443, OPC, and ISA & IACS.
- Experience in shop floor OT infrastructure management with respect to Device configurations,
Specifications, Asset Management, Software License management, Asset life cycle etc
- Sound knowledge of Operating Systems, Application software, Antivirus, Patch management practices etc.
- Must have guided support teams to diagnose, troubleshoot & resolve hardware, software, network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary
- Experience in handling Disaster recovery within Plant to ensure Production Continuity
- Must have handled Vendors / service providers for Warranty / AMC support as & when required.
- Must have managed outsourced service provider teams, wherever relevant.
Qualifications : Bachelor's / Master's degree in Electronics, Electrical, Instrumentation, Mechanical, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Should be a very good team player, with interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate OT concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- High degree of initiative, dependability and ability to work with little supervision.
- Ability to work and prioritize well in a fast-paced, dynamic atmosphere, quickly tackling difficult issues with ease.
- Ability to manage teams which are physically dispersed across multiple locations.
- We offer an extremely professional work environment & excellent career growth
- Compensation-Competitive Best in the Industry.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.