Consultant at Michael Page
Views:222 Applications:67 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:20
Head - Operational Risk - NBFC/MFI (15-20 yrs)
Exp. : 15-20 Years
About Our Client
Our client is a financial services organization and is one of the growing microfinance institute.
- Working closely with the CXO of the organization of the Audit and Risk Committee, other executive and non-executive committee members, senior managers across the business and representatives of the board create a sustainable risk free environment, well-controlled organization which can achieve growth targets safely.
- Continuously developing, enhancing and embedding the risk framework for managing risks across the institution, ensuring that processes are fit for purpose.
- Partnering effectively with third parties, regulatory bodies and others, as appropriate for risk management and fraud prevention related activities.
- Ensuring the Governance and Risk Frameworks of the organization operates effectively, also ensuring that these frameworks are maintained and updated as approved by the Company Board.
- Champion & facilitate implementation of risk management system across business units in conjunction with internal audit, fraud, compliance officer & business unit management
- Exposure and Trends monitor & analyses risks and risk trends within business environment; monitor the resolution status and effectiveness of risk mitigating actions independently monitor management of all risks aspects within business
- Manage technology risk though CISO by providing vision, leadership, oversight and management of the organization physical and cyber security policies, procedures and practices.
- Responsible for ensuring the organization and its Partners implement industry best practices policies, procedures and practices that address physical security, cyber security, data privacy and protection.
- Identify and report key risk metrics to CEO / Board, including early warning indicators
- Participate in the development of risk strategy and its relationship to the risk tolerance
- Lead various risk review and assessment in organization
- Collaborate with the business to ensure that risks are identified, quantified, and appropriate action taken
- Establish product specific risk definitions and risk acceptance criteria
- Ensure that team is maintaining repository of product risk / fraud risk knowledge database Participate for Product Portfolio risk Management, Fraud Strategy, Settlement risk monitoring; development of stress-testing mechanism for payment systems
- Oversee the development/acquisition and effective use of models, scorecards, and other automated risk management tools
The Successful Applicant
A candidate with 12-15 years of experience in managing the risk function of the bank. A smart candidate with experience in managing compliance,internal audit etc.
Existing Chief Risk Officers of any leading NBFC/ MFI and Banking insitututes should apply