Head - Online Strategy - Conglomerate (10-20 yrs)
Online head - with an Indian multinational conglomerate company
Job Title : Head - Online
Division / Department : E - Commerce
Reports to : Business Head
Job / Role Purpose :
- Deliver an engaging, educative and aspirational site experience by defining and launching brand-elevating digital experiences which inspires art and craft connoisseurs to visit, convert and come back.
- Help customers engage with the craft, the maker and the process on a personal level and experience a sense of deep satisfaction and pride of owning a piece of India's legacy. Also, build loyal and lasting relationships with existing customers.
Achieve AOP (Annual Operating Plan) Targets :
- Grow online commercial results (top and bottom lines) to achieve overall business revenue projections.
- Increase web traffic and promotions to drive online sales ; booking revenue, gross margin.
- Deliver increased conversion rates and overall order size, managing margin performance across a variety of product lines.
- Providing superlative shopping experience through innovation & feature development, engagement and education ; NPS
Execute eCommerce strategy :
- Manage the overall user experience, including site navigation, content development, sales checkout funnel, and promotional campaigns.
- Driving a winning digital shelf strategy ; assortment, pricing, merchandising, content that leverages the power of mid premium brands.
- Manage social media integration, search engine optimization (SEO), and other monitoring methodologies and analytics.
- Oversee all brand touch points on site ; ensure they reflect the latest brand guidelines and are optimized for customer experience.
- Daily management of site content including homepage assets, category pages, curated shops, site banners, and landing pages.
User experience :
- Ensure good customer service by addressing and ensuring the timely resolution of customer issues or comments.
- Understand complex user needs and provide actionable user-centered insights.
- Create a roadmap for optimisation for the customer journey, identifying barriers, and monitor ecommerce trends.
- Create and deliver extraordinary content for every SKU ; in terms of nuances of craft, process and the artisan/ maker
Research & Analytics :
- Track & monitor site metrics and features to help develop strategies and recommendations to further optimize and drive the sales.
- Provide analysis and reporting on metrics such as weekly/monthly sales by department, new product sell-through and offer code performance.
- Provide insights on customer shopping trends to support assortment selection and identify assortment gaps.
- Analyze the current market trends and conduct data analysis to determine initiatives that would increase the brand's awareness.
Cross functional collaboration :
- Work cross-functionally with teams to ensure quality assurance (QA) and timely publishing of all web content.
- Communicate site plan and vision to the Creative team through compelling creative briefs; Track execution to ensure delivery of a cohesive product story and customer experience.
- Partner across Merchandising, Content, Creative, Promotions and Product teams to build and launch high quality digital experiences to support seasonal product and content messages.
- Partner with the Marketing team to ensure marketing channel landing pages are optimized to drive conversion and monetization and are supporting our broader brand strategy.
- Work closely with demand planning and warehousing teams to ensure smooth order fulfillment.
Key Decisions :
- Analyze online data to inform marketing and eCommerce efforts such as segmentation based on potential ROI.
- Hire digital talent that effectively executes eCommerce solutions to fulfill creative, analytical and technical needs.
Major Challenges :
- Identify the right technologies that helps the business stay agile, maximize performance and returns on ad spend, and move faster than the competition.
- Use digital tools and capabilities to better understand the individual customer and personalize the customer experience.
Functional Competencies :
- Understanding/awareness and a deep passion for Indian handicraft and Handlooms
- Deep understanding of online customer strategy, structure & processes
- In depth knowledge of evolving web technology and trends
- Ability to interpret web analytics
- Awareness of digital marketplace trends
- Attention to detail
- Project management
- Communication and influencing skills
- High commercial acumen
Academics & Experience :
Qualification : Graduate / Postgraduate in Business Management or related field.
Work Experience : 10+ years' work experience with 3-5 years in retail ecommerce