VP - Business & Operations at Menschen Consulting
Views:207 Applications:42 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Head - New Product Development - PVC PIPES (15-20 yrs)
Desired Profile :
1) Bachelor's Degree in Engineering- Mechanical or Electrical
2) MBA in Marketing from a reputed & recognized university/Institute.
3) Candidate should mandatorily have experience in PVC pipes industry.
1) 14 - 18 Years of relevant experience in PVC industry with intensive exposure in areas of product identification aligned to the company's current area of operation (Sewer/Drainage/Telecommunication/Mass Water storage/Surface drainage/Flood control/Desalination etc.
2) Experienced in handling Projects (Government, Large Contractors) and Retail business
3) Seasoned in representing the Organisation at various forums & presenting papers on New Products, its applications and benefits
Technical Knowledge / Skill :
1) Indepth Knowledge of New Product introduction process & its modalities
2) Through knowledge of various Polymers and its application relevance to various products.
3) Ability to identify the range of products which can be converted to Polymers and based on the study commission product development & strategic planning & execution.
4) Thorough understanding of costing and pricing models (Projects and Retail)
5) Indepth Knowledge of market research & ability to conduct the same in-house (small sample size) and for larger survey be able to work with external agencies by defining the scope of the study & correlate the business goals with the research outcome.
6) Expertise in developing strategies for deep network penetration in retail segment
7) Expertise in bidding/tender management
8) Strong Networking across Government bodies, Large contractors & Retail channel
9) Keeps abreast of the latest developments in the NPD domain nationally & internationally
10) Strong analytical skills
1) Demonstrate excellent leadership skills
2) Excellent interpersonal & communication skills, employee champion
3) Ability to build and maintain productive relationships with internal & external stakeholders
4) Ability to influence & organizing skills for continuous improvement and excellence & take ownership across processes
5) Should be creative, lateral and innovative thinker
6) Willing to explore ideas to make a positive impact on the organizational climate
7) Ability to work under cross functional and influence them to get the desired result as per business objectives
8) High energy with result driven attitude
Principal Accountabilities :
Responsibility Supporting Activities
Strategy development & planning:
1) Define the product strategy roadmap to ensure product pipeline by identification of new products as well as existing product modification possibilities that would meet company's growth strategy as well as customer's needs and wants.
2) To increase the revenue from new product line & to drive proactive product development that contributes to improved sales.
3) Develop comprehensive & aligned strategic sales plan and drive EBITDA for NPD Function as an Independent Business Unit (IBU).
4) To design short-term and long-term product sales forecasts, sales analytics for Management decision.
New Product Development:
1) To bring new products to market by analysing proposed product requirements and by efficiently managing NPD Process Flow.
2) To market new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising and production.
3) Establish supporting processes for development, design and introduction of new products.
4) To conduct Market research study for the new identified product.
5) Preparing return-on-investment analysis & ensure products and releases are launched correctly and on schedule.
6) Conducting effective post launch reviews and devising action plan for further improvement.
1) Establishing customer connect for driving the identification & further rationalising the new products & accordingly devising processes for ensuring continuity.
2) Liaisoning with Govt. Departments for registration & approvals/patents.
3) To understand the modus operandi in the Government sector & harnessing the same in creating business opportunities.
4) To devise mechanisms for ensuring speedy resolution of customer queries & grievances for maximizing customer satisfaction levels leading to customer delight.
1) Identifying opportunities on which to submit bids and feeding into the decision over whether to bid for the work.
2) Devising successful strategy for winning a bid, including the key differentiators of the Organisation and understanding the client's specific requirements
3) Assessing & addressing the technical & commercial risks relating to the bid.
4) To strongly negotiate in order to secure deals and implement pricing agreements between vendor and customer.
5) Keeping a track of all the costs & managing the budget.
6) To develop contacts at crucial decision making levels for gathering intelligence.
Team management & Development:
1) To lead by example & be the role model for the team
2) To create conducive environment for the team members to perform at their natural best.
3) Providing coaching & mentoring to the team for enhancing the competencies of the team.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.