Director at Ideal Placement & Consultants Pvt. Ltd.
Views:1716 Applications:141 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Head - National Entrepreneurship Network - NGO (18-25 yrs)
Malaysia Citizens preferred - Malaysian Citizens Only
- A recognized business leader with significant proven success either as an entrepreneur or as a business leader with workforce training experience at a scale.
- Tenure: The incumbent must have at least 18+ years of work experience with strong analytical and strategic orientation.
- Content Areas: The Foundation CH is responsible for broadening Network with Central/ State/Industry organization relating to Entrepreneurship/Training/ Education.
- Growing initiatives in respective country. These initiatives span across 2 key areas: job creation through entrepreneurship development and jobs fulfillment through skills development.
The 2 initiatives that span these areas include National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN) and Global Skills Network (GSN).
- Industries: Experience of for-profit enterprise with additional exposure to Startups/SME support and / or Skill development in school and higher education sector would be highly desirable. Managing all operations within a country. This involves taking responsibility for outcomes and impact targets, budgets and expenditure.
- Experience and understanding of entrepreneurship development and/or skills development will be an advantage. Ability to work effectively across cross-cultural environment.
- Additional experiences: Incumbent should have passion for success and social change with general management experience preferably in a for-profit organization. Understanding of working with Government to influence policy action.
- Excellent Networking Skills, the person must deliver highest standards of customer service. Ability to recruit staff and monitor performance with strong interpersonal skills, including people-management. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Build and lead country operations through effective implementation of programs for its various beneficiaries; develop and manage business partnerships with Government and associations; and increase outcomes and impact for organization in the country or countries under her/him.
- Influence Government policy decisions and actions at multiple levels and drive awareness of various initiatives (at Government levels, Partner levels, Schools and Communities levels) to effectively channel goals of the foundation.
- Drive and maximize outcomes and impact for the organization in the country or countries under her/him. Expected outcomes would be in new company creation, new job creation through entrepreneurs and job placements.
- Successfully deploy technology-based-solutions to end users for impact at scale Develop annual budgets and detailed annual country operating plan/s including monthly, quarterly or annual deliverables, outcomes and expenditures.
- Develop dashboards and program performance reports, on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Recruit and manage staff, including performance monitoring, mentoring and training.
- Be the face of the Foundation in the country; establish strong credibility, thought leadership and visible presence for the organization. This will include building a strong bonded community of beneficiaries (Start-ups, SMEs, and Skilled personnel) and Partners (Associations, Corporate, Academic institutions, Government officials).
- Maintain strong executive presence and manage business operations and roll-out across multiple geographies.
- Minimum of 18 years of experience in product management and development in an internet environment
- MBA from B schools preferred.
- Incumbent should have general management experience, Excellent networking skills, ability to deliver the highest standards of customer service. Ability to recruit staff and monitor performance. Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels, including people-management, leadership and both written and verbal communication skills. Must be familiar with computer software programs eg Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Must have a good background in managing teams and the efforts for full product development life cycle including designing product road maps and writing functional specifications.
- Experienced, energetic and motivated to accomplish defined goals
- Must be a strong team leader, as well as a team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly detail oriented and strong ability to understand consumer needs and attitudes.
1. Entrepreneur, Start-up experience: At least 3-5 year as an entrepreneur or at a high-growth startup/SME
2. Relationship management skills. Ability to strategically interface with academic institutes and ecosystem partners (employers, investors/VCs, mentors). Prior experience in dealing with educational institutes is a plus.
3. Program management skills. Ability to deploy programs in an academic environment, monitor effective program implementation; Provide feedback and analysis.
College Capacity: College Selection/On boarding, Faculty/e Leader Selection/On boarding; Strategic plan for each college agreed upon with College Admin.
Experts Capacity: Identification/engagement with Master Trainers, local startups/corporates for internship, Development/Leveraging of Mentors, Investors, Functional managers and managing engagement models with each of the above group.
Outlier Identification: Identification of key outliers (students likely to start high-potential companies) and providing premium support through Expert Group through a defined engagement models
Monitoring and Reporting: Monitoring classroom and practicum activities and course correcting straying classroom and practicum programs.
Measurement of Impact: Collecting and delivering impact data to Austins group for auditing/validation, reporting and insights.
1. Entrepreneur, Start-up experience: Entrepreneur with at least 5+ years of work experience in a startup, small business, as a mentor or coach to startups or at an entrepreneurial ecosystem partner such as an accelerator or an angel investment group
2. Sales and Networking skills. Channel Development, networking and relationship building skills with experience with professional organizations, mentors/investors, startups/employers and associations
3. Program management skills. Ability to deploy training programs, monitor effective program implementation and provide feedback and analysis.
NEN Entrepreneur Support: Field Team Key Role:
- Channel Development: Partner Selection/Onboarding, Master Trainer Selection/Onboarding; Strategic Plan with each Partner. Selling engagement models.
- Experts Capacity: Mentors, Investors and Functional manager recruiting, onboarding and engagement management. Financing Institutes.
- Outlier Identification: Identification of key outliers (entrepreneurs/SMEs with high-potential growth) and providing premium support through expert group and defined engagement models
- Monitoring and Reporting: Monitoring channel activities and online activities for their region and course correcting straying programs.
- Measurement of Impact: Collecting and delivering impact data to Impact group for auditing/validation, reporting and insights.
- Highly desirable: Worked in vocational training and skilling sector; Exposure to the education structures and systems in Kenya. Experience setting up projects from scratch; Experience in training and development using current tools.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.